1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

The Best Music Player??

Last Updated:

1. Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan Active Member This Topic's Starter

What is everyone using to play their MP3's, showing cover art, etc. Anything good out there?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    brandibran likes this.
  2. modern

modern Well-Known Member

Im using btunes and love it.

3. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member

I use MixZing...it has a EQ,widgets, album art & much faster then stock.

4. Hal Jordan

Thanks!

I'll give em a whirl!

5. bhoth

bhoth Member

do any of the players stock or otherwise have an onscreen volume control? With my Evo case it's not very fun adjusting the volume there. Would love to have onscreen.

thanks!

6. frankiepapa

frankiepapa Well-Known Member

zimly is actually pretty nice as well!!

7. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!! $6.99, I think that is a little steep. I just noticed though that there is a version that can be downloaded and installed with ads included to help you see if it is worth it or not. So, in your opinion, it is worth the $6.99????

8. KASR

KASR Member

I'm at that point where I'm about to drop the 6.99 just to get rid of the darn ads! LOL!

9. QuickDraw

:D Yea, I hear ya. I'll probably get tired of the ads as well, but not sure if I'd be inclined to pay that much for the full blown version. Hey, I'm a penny picher on a budget, what else can I say. :cool:

10. bhagiratha

bhagiratha Well-Known Member

bTunes, works very well,

wired and bluetooth

11. QuickDraw

I saw that in the Market. The only thing is, there is no trial program for it and I "personally" don't want to take the chance of loosing out on the $1.49 it costs. By the way, is there a specific reason why that program is showing up twice in the Market? I get the exact same listing twice, price and all. Probably just a glitch I guess. I also saw in the description how it is supposed to download missing artwork. The same thing is said for the MixZing program, but it doesn't accomplish that and the bTunes probably won't either. I suppose that is because the data bases that these programs work from aren't familiar with the artist/albums.

12. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Whats wrong wit the stock player. It gets the job down for me. If I'm missing out on some special features of these music players let me know.

13. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

everything has a 24 hr trial period.

14. QuickDraw

This is my experience with the stock player and it is probably due to my lack of knowledge of this device/OS. I found that the stock player seemed to have a lot of trouble with too many folders, or at least this is my judgement of the trouble I was having. That problem sent me looking for other players, I found one called MortPlayer Music Beta, but of course that program being in beta gave me a couple of problems. I also didn't like the fact that you couldn't put together a playlist, so I went searching again.....and on and on and on.... You get the idea. ;) Still searching for just the right one.

15. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

I've been using Music Mod. It's not in the market but you can grab it here Music Mod. I've only had one recurring issue with it where it will restart the song when the screen shuts off. My only wish is that it would work with LockBot so I wouldn't have to always unlock the phone to switch a song or whatever.

hunta likes this.
  16. QuickDraw

That's what I've heard, at least that is what Google told me in their email when I purchased something a while back, but when I went to look in the Market to see if what they told me was correct (it said something about in the market area under downloads I would be able to see on the download/purchase in question something like "eligable for refund"). Well, that wasn't the case. That program just happened to work out for me, otherwise I would've sent them a HUGE PIECE OF MY MIND "so to speak". :mad:

So, if that is not the way to tell if a purhase is eligible for refund, then what is? Can you tell me specifically what to look for? What do you do, something like just uninstall it and then you get a refund? I would sure like to know before I go blow anymore money on any apps.

Thanks for any input.

17. bobTX10

bobTX10 Well-Known Member

I use lithium its a really good music player. amazing interface and is only gonna get better.

18. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Sorry your having problems. The stock is definitely not the best. But it just works. The apps with the Album art, always gives me the wrong or I feel like I'm crowding the OS with apps that are not needed. Sense really provides us with everything we need. The only Sense app I don't use is News. It really sucks compared to FeedR app. But all in all the music app is good enough to use.

19. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

i just bought btunes and mixzing. tried them both, liked mixzing better, uninstalled and refunded btunes. piece of cake.

everything in the market has a 24 hr trial period. don't like it; uninstall and refund. i've done it 3 or 4 times now. trust me ;)

QuickDraw likes this.
  20. Hal Jordan

Since I originally created this post I've settled on Zimly. It's free, great layout, finds all my music and artwork and can create playlists. I have no complaints. Oh and it also has a "Quit" feature so that it doesn't continue running in the background if you decide to stop listening.

JamesSJ, Heathbar and clwoodwork like this.
  21. QuickDraw

Cooper 1010: Thanks for that info, it's good to know prior to purchasing.

22. brandibran

brandibran New Member

This is very a good topic to ask about... I had an app called "music remix" on my palm pre, that showed the lyrics while listening to the song based on the song title and artist... I think it was somehow linked to a lyrics database on the internet somewhere. Good stuff... I'd like to see this feature on my android phone too. Anybody know of a music app that has this feature.

23. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

This is probably the area that needs the biggest improvement on Android phones IMO

Also why isn't stop used.

24. gulu

gulu Active Member

is there any easy way to create playlists on zimly..it doesnt seem to be saving any folders on the phone...i don't wanna go through each song and do it...

25. QuickDraw

You don't have to do it by each individual song, you can get into "ALBUMS" and pick an entire album if you like to add it to the playlist. Or you can go into a specific album and pick individual songs. Unfortunately I don't see a way to pick out say...10 songs out of 25 of a particular album WITHOUT doing it using the single cut method...now that can get a little tedious.

I find it best to create the playlist name first, then add albums/songs to it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it is a long press that you use to add to the playlists.