• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The best way?

ok thank you for your input...I have not been unzipping the rom files but
When I first start in fastboot and it checks SD i get NO IMAGE OR WRONG IMAGE
and aslo when booting into recovery it hangs up on the HTC "this build is for development purposes only Do not Distribute etc...
Those are normal.
Bootloader checks the root of the sdcard for any updates, which is why you get the error.

The recovery is probably based on an internal recovery build at HTC, but it works.

one more thing, in DOS on win I have been using the command...
fastboot flash boot .zip
then i get
sending boot OKAY
writing boot FAILED <remote image error!
Did you S-off?

Reactions: mpnutty
Upvote 0
If you have already unlocked your bootloader, you have the fastboot files on your pc. Flash the kernel zip file in recovery. On your pc, open the kernel zip with 7zip, copy the boot.img to your fastboot folder. Reboot your phone into bootloader, select fastboot on your phone and connect to your pc.

On your pc, open a command prompt window and change directory to your fastboot folder. Type in the following code: "fastboot flash boot boot.img" , without the quotation marks. Make sure you only have the one boot.img, or rename it to whatever you like. I keep several different ones for different roms and have them named for the rom they match. Just replace "boot.img" with whatever you renamed it.

Reactions: mpnutty
Upvote 0
tried using trwp AGAIN and get --No md5 file found
on flashing kernel and ROM

update-got the rom loaded and CWMrecovery running but most of my apps give me the "Unfortunatly "facebook" has stopped."
been having this problem even with the stock ROM
updated all apps still no go
trying to sign into HTC but get "your phone cannot connect to HTC sence"
grumble grumble

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones