The Big Day is upon us!!

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I will be glued to the web for tomorrow's EVO event. Any word about a live broadcast or anything?

I'm done with the semester, took a couple days off work and have plenty of beer. After the letdown last month, I put my hopes for a great media day for EVO!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. cabbie

from the invitation, looks to start at 6pm eastern with the pre-screening of prince of persia. i guess that would mean the real juicy info would be past 8pm?

3. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member

Guess than i wont have to be glued to my phone than at work lol ...
    I'm so freeakin excited

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Lets go! I know it's gonna feel like forever waiting until 6 pm tomorrow so I'll occupy myself with tasks...I'll find something to do :p

5. cabbie

Zomg, 15 hours!

6. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I was just coming to post a thread like this. Absolutely can't wait. Pricing/release date better be announced/confirmed today

7. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

it starts a 6pm?! Sprint's making major announcements for the phone at night.
    We're doomed!

Maybe next years flagship launch won't suck.

8. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

At this point I'm worried that people are going to be disappointed with what happens. It is only SPECULATION that we'll get Evo info tonight. Just like the April 16th thing - that was all pure speculation. Do I think that Sprint needs to at least trickle some info out? Absolutely - but who knows if they actually will.

9. stevent76

stevent76 Member

At this point I am more concerned with what they say about plan pricing and hot spot pricing. I was shocked to see the Evo price plan was required.

10. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

It is all rumor at this point. Dan Hesse said himself that there would be no increase in cost to use 4G. I think the wording on the slides that have floated around is just confusing.

I would put money on it that we will only see an extra fee if we want the hotspot capability. But the phone itself will work on the current unlimited data plans.

11. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

rebella in the main thread has said the Evo will need its own plan code or something similar to how blackberries work on Sprint, but they'll still use the simple everything plans.

12. passivesf

passivesf Well-Known Member

Is there a schedule of the events today? Isn't the big party tonight?

13. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I finally got a chance to play with a live HD2 and all I can say is WOW! It's all about the screen size. I also played with an Incredible and similar to my experience with the Nexus One I was not overly impressed compared to my Hero. The Evo's screen is now my #1 reason for wanting the phone, watching a movie on the HD2 was like watching a movie on my laptop. Please Sprint sell this phone for $199 and don't increase plan cost and I think you will have excellent results.

14. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I've been into a local TMo shop to try the HD2 to get a feel for the size of Evo. I thought I'd be concerned about it, but I wasn't. It's taller and wider than my other phones and devices, but it's also thinner.

It's pocket-able even if not pocket-friendly.

But like you said, that screen just made everything else in the store look so miniature. And it made the need for a keyboard (which I like but don't prefer) completely go unnoticed. It a lot of ways it reminded me of a Sony UX-80 PDA with just the screen only portion had the keyboard been detached.

Netbook/iPad and other "not quite a PC" devices will get crossed off my list as I truly think I'll be able to just carry phone 90% of the time and laptop when I need it the other 10%.

Have to admit I'll be using my bluetooth headset most of time though because the only downside to the size was it looks a little goofy next to my head. Makes my head look as big as it is so I won't let this thing bring the extra attention unless absolutely necessary.

15. Ilya

Ilya Well-Known Member

Hahha. Made my morning. Thank you.

16. SB22

SB22 Well-Known Member

Haha, I did that do... I felt bad for the T-Mobile sales representatives trying to sell me the HD2 when I'm really just picturing it as the EVO 4G :D

Funny thing is that the absolute #1 selling point that they kept pushing OVER AND OVER was that the HD2 came with a copy of the original IronMan pre-loaded!!!:rolleyes: I pulled out my TouchPro and showed her the copy I already had loaded on my phone ;)

17. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

The TMo reps at my store never even approached me on one trip (store had 2 customers and 4 employees when I was there). I played with the phone for 10 mins with not one sales pitch. On the second trip, a rep approached me to tell me she liked the phone but wouldn't recommend it because of WinMo 6.5 (I told her I already knew it wouldn't be updated to WPS7). They had Transformers loaded on the HD2, but they didn't have it playing which would have been the best way to draw people in.

At BB, they refused to even take the phone out of the behind-desk display so that put them off the list of places I'd buy from.

18. ogwilson

ogwilson Well-Known Member

Cannot wait. Pricing and a date are all I want and need, I'm sold on this phone regardless of what they announce.

19. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

6pm est? 3pm pst... NICE...

clambert1273 likes this.
  20. mkampy

mkampy Well-Known Member

I wish I'd have read this 10 min ago. I posted essentially the same thing on the main thread.

The EVO codes are internal only, and means nothing to end users of the phone.

21. 1fastyfz

1fastyfz Member

I have heard from sprint that they can't require a 4g plan because 4g is not available everywhere so it will be an extra if you want it. but who knows

22. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

4pm MST, which is right when I leave work. Have about an hour commute, and I'll have to catch up when I get home. :(

23. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

haha, sucks for finals week. looks like i need to study more about EVO and fail my class

24. elbodude

elbodude Member

25. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

Same here, I'm hoping for some news, but not expecting anything too earth-shattering. I've been hyped up for the EVO (Supersonic) since early February when rumblings first came around, so I can stand to wait a while longer.

Good thing the OP said he has beer ready to drink, it'll work in either a joyful or depressing situation ;)