1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

The birthday thread!

1. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person - Guide

We love celebrating birthdays around here.

If you'd like to share your special day, jump right in!

:party: :birthday: :party:

Advertisement
  2. Kaat72

Kaat72 Take a deep breath Guide

Nice! How do we get this going?
    Do I post on my birthday, or share the date?

Would it be nice telling how you celebrate, or about your local customs? Like... us Dutchies keep a b-day calender with a pencil in the toilet, where guests can check it, or add their own name.
    And we bring cake or cookies for coworkers, and kiddies bring sweets for the entire class.
  3. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

Forgive me for being American but doesn't the pencil get a little wet?
  4. MoodyBlues

Based on how it was going in the random comment thread, I'd say those who want to share their birthdays should post on [or perhaps right before] their birthday. Then the celebrations can begin! :D

I think whatever makes one feel warm and fuzzy is what they should share. I love what you just shared, and I think it would be really interesting to see how different people and/or cultures go about celebrating birthdays.
  5. MoodyBlues

:rofl:
  6. Kaat72

Kaat72 Take a deep breath Guide

I've been told it works better that way :p
  7. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Well-Known Member

Well this is my belated birthday to myself....... mine actually just passed on 8/21 :D

Me and my Buddy Jack Daniels had a nice day .
  8. septembergurl

septembergurl Well-Known Member

9. Thatdad

Thatdad Well-Known Member

My birthday is December 16th.

Every one should memorize this because I require tributes of Gold, silver, and high end android devices. :D:p
  10. general eclect

general eclect Well-Known Member

I'll attribute that to youthful greed...
  11. MoodyBlues

That will be super easy for me to memorize--it's my best friend's birthday, too! :D
  12. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

Thanks for this!! I been wanting one here for a while!!
  13. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Well-Known Member

Mine passed a bit over 2 months ago.

EDIT: On June 25.
  14. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

My Birthday is May 15, Ill post again a day before :)

Today is my Dogs Birthday!! He's like 5 today :)
  15. MoodyBlues

16. MoodyBlues

Happy very belated birthday! :D

Yay! Happy birthday to him.

My baby will be nine next month...and for some bizarre reason her doctor (who happens to be a veterinarian...because my baby is a C-A-T) sent me a reminder the other day that "Joy Noelle is a senior..." WHAT?! :eek:
  17. 64MarcoV

64MarcoV Always use a Hammer VIP Member

My B day is 9/19, so it's a couple of days from now. I have the whole week off so i can do what i want. My week starts on Saturday 9/14 when there is the Oltimer Day with lots of old cars and steam engines. On the water there is a sort of canal parade with old boats.
    Sunday 9/15 My friends come over to drink beer and watch the Formula 1 race on tv. If the wheather is ok we will bbq after the race.
    Monday 9/16 Free to do anything.
    Tuesday 9/17 the King reads The Government plans for the next year on TV. (Google :prinsjesdag)
    Wednesday 9/18There is a Fancy Fare in a nearby town with lots of stands with stuff like clothes , food and music with live bands on various stages throughout the town.
    Thursday 9/19 the day that i was born in 1964. Family comes over eating cake , drinking coffee, beer or have sodas. Unpacking gifts etc. Looking forward to that :beer:
    Friday 9/20 Shop for groceries
    Saturday 9/21 Clean the house
    Sunday 9/22 Depending on the wheather , going for drive in the convertible through the countryside.
    Monday 9/23 Starting work again.
    MoodyBlues likes this.
  18. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

September 10th here, hey that's just a few days away :p
  19. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Mine is Feb. 13. My son's is Sept. 11 and the wife's Oct. 18...
  20. general eclect

general eclect Well-Known Member

If you have your birthday listed in your profile there should be a feature of the forum (it may not be switched on) that announces birthdays. I know other versions of vbulletin forum software do this.
  21. Revenant Ghost

So, this is a sticky now? Cool. :)
  22. MoodyBlues

23. MoodyBlues

Revenant Ghost likes this.
  24. Revenant Ghost

My sister just had a birthday on Labor Day.
  25. MoodyBlues

So your son's is just around the corner. You'll have to wish him a happy birthday from your pals on AF. :D

My aforementioned baby...whose doctor thinks she's a senior now...will be 9 on Oct 17. At least, that's the day I made up for her when I filled out her microchip info, since she's a rescue and I really don't know. I counted backward from her approximate age (5 weeks) when I got her, and ended up with Oct 17. :)