1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

The boot loader (US VERSION)

1. c4v3man

c4v3man Well-Known Member

SirKronan and icerado like this.
  2. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

This is a good explanation of why Verizon was also the last carrier to release the S3. They would have to physically connect to each and every phone to reprogram it with their custom BS. That takes time.
  3. Zoandroid

It doesn't say "bootloader" on any of the CS deadhead computer screens, so they can't compute.
  4. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

5. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

6. Zoandroid

The pot's already exceeding $1000.00 I jumped in too. If enough of us get behind this someone will surely work hard for a solution. :)

I wonder what it costs to 'turn' a VZW programmer? :p
  7. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Zoandroid and Metfanant like this.
  8. Metfanant

have been watching the threads over at xda very closely...this guy is legit, and seems VERY confident that he will have success going at this problem from the hardware level so i am very excited by the prospect...

though as a Droid X owner from day 1 i think some of my pessimism is justified
  9. Zoandroid

It seems to be the case that if someone can figure out a way to make a lock, someone else can figure out how to pick it. So I think it will just be a matter of time. And with enough people supporting him, I hope he pulls through with flying crullers. :D
  10. Metfanant

not for nothing, but if you guys want to have a front row seat for the fireworks...

http://webchat.freenode.net/

Channel is #verizons3

notice the title of the chat...

11. ajdroidx

Wow, never used web chat. Im there now, same username as here...
  12. Metfanant

nothing is going to happen tonight, or probably tomorrow honestly...Adam Outler should be getting his phone Thursday and thats when the fun should begin
  13. ajdroidx

Gotcha.

I hope he cracks the tar out of that thing.
  14. Zoandroid

15. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

SirKronan likes this.
  16. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

I'll bet if enough of us do this something will happen. Maybe even before we upgrade again. I'll do it tonight from home.
  17. Dragbike Racer

Dragbike Racer Well-Known Member

I filled out and sent the FCC form, we should get this on the main board because it sounds like locking the boot loader isn't the only infraction. To me it sounds like Verizon should not be able to remove the Samsung apps that they have on the international version, and lets not forget the WiFi popup.
  18. fbm111

fbm111 Well-Known Member

Like Google wallet?
  19. Metfanant

Now there is talk of a $600 unsubsidized "Developer Edition" being released through the Samsung Developer Portal...

total BS...
  20. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

I was going to buy full retail. So this is great (for me).
  21. Metfanant

its happening...no word on availability/sizes/colors, but its going to happen...
  22. fbm111

fbm111 Well-Known Member

I still say that it will be unlocked shortly. I say it will be unlocked by the end of this weekend. The more people that get the phone the better chance that it will become unlocked.
    Metfanant likes this.
  23. Metfanant

love your optimism...the two years ive spent with my Droid X have taught me otherwise...but i like that you still have the spirit! :five:
  24. fbm111

fbm111 Well-Known Member

I think this made the entire community upset. I think that most all Devs no matter what carrier has taken this personnelly. I know I would have. They are determined and hopefully it will prove to be waste of Samsung time and money and in future won't lock them.
  25. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Samsung only locked the bootloader because Verizon insisted on it. Don't blame Samsung for this fiasco.