The cake is a LIE

1. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested, that 1 penny add you see at the bottom of the page to buy a Droid X from Amazon is BS. They are "no longer available" from Amazon.

Advertisement
  2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

the 1 penny deal was only for a certain week during october, i bought my sister a charge, and my brother-in-law a bionic, so it wasnt a lie, it was just for a certain time, phandroid posted it on the site as well.
  3. Zoandroid

But the ad is still there!

When I click on it today it simply turns gray. The day I started this thread it would go to Amazon, but then show discontinued.

"The cake is a lie" was an attempt to borrow humor from Valve's game "Portal", so if you have not played it that statement won't mean the same thing to you. :) I was hoping some of our members would be familiar with the game.

The LG Ally site ran a similar bottom ad for awhile for a penny. Now they want something like $190. I doubt anyone would pay that for a mid-level phone past its official EOL these days.
  4. VoidedSaint

i doubt anyone will now, because you sell the dx now and get only $48 or $65 yeah no thanks for me
  5. Zoandroid

It seems kind of silly that they are taking up premuim ad space with an ad that for all intents and purposes is dead. You don't suppose Amazon is still paying do you?
  6. VoidedSaint

no telling lol, i dont ever look at the ads