The Case Thread post your case finds here!Tips

1. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

Some kind of rugged case or do we just get the google case?

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I would imagine. It took forever for them to release it for the Flyer (if they ever did), but devices that are really popular, there should be one.
  3. TauxiC

TauxiC Well-Known Member

I hope Seidio releases a case, and I hope it even includes a kickstand! I got the Seidio Extended Active Combo case for my Thunderbolt, and it has a plastic kickstand that is nowhere near as good as the metal one, but it gets the job done.
    Also I just recently ordered the Seidio Active Extended case for my dad's Galaxy Nexus, and it includes a metal kickstand and it just arrived today, it's pretty nice.
  4. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

I want a genuine leather folio. Not any of this pleather stuff. That's the only thing that I envy about iPhone users. They have EVERYTHING. Carbon fiber, real leather, even freaking bamboo! I wish I had a bamboo case for my evo :(
  5. cammykool

thos asus cases look nice
  6. DanielM426

yeah they do. I think I'm gonna keep mine naked though. It's not like I'm gonna travel with the thing frequently. And the backing already seems pretty grippy
  7. TauxiC

TauxiC Well-Known Member

Not to mention some of those 3D printed cases with the really cool designs. I want one of those. :(
  8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Like the idea of a case with a kickstand. Hopefully they can make one that's not too bulky.
  9. LoBatt

LoBatt Well-Known Member

Slap a Seidio Active case on it with an XO Skin and it'd look pretty badass in my opinion. And you could go anywhere with it - boat, beach, pool, etc. That's my plan.

Edit because I can't wait for my N7 to arrive: Camping, tailgating. Even take it into a game and tether to my Nexus - stream my HD Slingbox to keep up with another game. It'd still be small enough to tuck in a coat pocket and would disappear in a backpack.
  10. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

Based on what I've seen happen in the past, Nexus 7 accessories will appear quickly and in diversity relative to its popularity in sales.

I haven't seen any articles crowing about pre-order numbers yet, I just know I ordered my 7 on 7/7! :D

I opted in for the availability email on the Google case.
  11. cammykool

I found this cool one at Wal-Mart

[​IMG]
  12. breakingdawn

breakingdawn Active Member

Android26 likes this.
  13. cammykool

it is but kindle foire cases fit the n7
  14. stridermt2k

godsdragon and GalaxyNexus like this.
  15. slowhat

slowhat Well-Known Member

If I get a case, it will most certainly have to have a cut-out in back for the speaker.

Kindle Fire's have speakers on the bottom edge, so cases intended for the Fire would not be very good options IMO
  16. MetroSquard

MetroSquard Member

I like this case. It looks like all the ports are open, cut out for the camera and holes in the back for the speaker.

It looks like a whole lot of cases just hit Amazon recently. Some are even sold as packages with screen protectors and chargers.
  17. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

We're still looking into options but recommend that you send an e-mail to nexus7@seidio.com to request specific products!
  18. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback on the kickstand! We're still looking into options but recommend that you send an e-mail to nexus7@seidio.com to request specific products!
    TauxiC likes this.
  19. stridermt2k

I'm a fan of rooCASE. I've posted all over about how well the case on my Iconia A500 had held up.

In this economy there must be some healthy background buzz going on about this tab for there to be such a fast response by accessory makers.

I see it as a positive.
  20. White-o

White-o Member

True i usually hate increasing the form factor of my gadgets.
    But cell phones typically have Gorilla Glass, and cell phones are also a bit more death-gripable then tablets.
    lol

But since the nexus 7 only has Corning "scratch resistant" glass...you may want to shop around a little and consider some sort of protection.
    10 to 20 bucks could save you from a smashed screen.

Just a thought :)
  21. Whoa is it really only $15 shipped from Amazon? And does the folding cover/stand piece detach from the actual case part?

That's pretty cool. I want one.

EDIT: this is the one I found when I searched Amazon. Much cheaper for some reason
    http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Multi...&qid=1341876509&sr=1-13&keywords=nexus 7 case
    godsdragon, crow11ad and SAberDroid like this.
  22. DanielM426

I sent a message to cruzerlite asking about an androidified tpu. Email them if you want one too.:)
  23. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

24. candroid11

candroid11 Well-Known Member

I cant figure out why the cases from asus aren't available from day one.