The Case Thread post your case finds here!Tips

Last Updated:

1. Sweetoldbob

Sweetoldbob New Member

That's the one I ordered for our two N7's. Thanks for posting your comments. There are at least 2 different models from iBlason and I guess the other poster got the other one ? His post had me worried until I read your comments. I traded e-mails with iBlason's "Jason" who said that the demand for the N7 cases was really high and that they were overwhelmed with orders, causing delays in shipping. Mine should be here by the end of July (I hope).

2. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

I didn't expect it to, but the leather framing the screen has become a little annoying and I'd swear my magnet shifted or something because my Nexus 7 doesn't wake now unless the cover is pulled over the tablet further than it was designed to.

I might be contacting the rooCASE folks about a replacement. :(

EDIT: Make that contacted. Gotta love a lifetime warranty. :)
  3. Rich_NY

Rich_NY Well-Known Member

4. LoBatt

LoBatt Well-Known Member

how about a few emails to Seidio for an active case for the nexus 7? a kickstand would be awesome! I'd like to skip the folio style cover and put a rugged case on mine with a good screen protector. I have an active case on my galaxy nexus and I love it.
  5. blackjaguar25

blackjaguar25 Well-Known Member

Amen! I want this exactly!
  6. Polarhound

Polarhound Member

Today I had the vision of the case I truly want. I don't think I'll ever find it though.

This case is based on the rubberized case my Optimus has, perhaps a bit thinner. Attached from the left side would be a thin flexible flap of the same material. When in the closed position, the flap would be flush with the edges. When opening it, it would flip straight around and behind.

I have no idea just how sturdy such a case would be, but it's a general idea that has been bouncing around in my head most of the day.

Edit: The case I'm thinking of would be something like this but with a flexible protective flap that would flip flush behind. I could even see the flap having slits in it to line up with the speaker holes.
  7. LoBatt

LoBatt Well-Known Member

email away. Seidio monitors this forum but let them know they have some ready sales. I prefer their active cases to otter box. I expect it would be a neoprene shell with a hard clip on back that protects the corners. Check out their web site for active cases for tablets to see what a Nexus case might look like. Seems like a kickstand would work on the Nexus 7 form factor. If they could put a cover on the charging port it would be pretty bullet proof.
  8. brinraeven

brinraeven Member

9. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I second that. As I mentioned above, I have now preordered this case.
  10. Polarhound

Polarhound Member

That looks a lot like it, thanks. I'll be giving that case a shot once it starts shipping.
  11. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Well-Known Member

Ditto ...a sturdy case with a built-in kickstand would be great. I'd buy that.
  12. martingroso

martingroso Well-Known Member

I also preordered that case, it looks great. But it's gonna get home like between august 23rd and 27th :(
  13. locoandroid

locoandroid Well-Known Member

I just ordered the Poetic from Amazon
  14. SpungeWorthy

SpungeWorthy Well-Known Member

I posted a bad link earlier, here's the good one
  15. SpungeWorthy

16. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I merged this into the cases thread.:)
  17. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Looks like a nice case. I did notice something odd.

Take a look at the reviews. All 5 star except for one 3 star who questions the 5 stars. Most of the reviews mention the 5 year warranty which is probably the last thing anyone ever talks about. They're also pretty vague, not mentioning the features of the case, just talking about how it protects their N7. All that aside, how do you review something which hasn't been released yet?

I'd bet the seller wrote those.

The case might be great, I have no idea. The $5 case I got is impressive as hell. It might be worth a shot since it's only $5.
  18. SpungeWorthy

I noticed that as well.. got a good laugh.. I've seen this before on products I have purchased so o don't think there is any harm than attempted swindling. Did you notice the terrible English haha. Also would you post or repost the link for your $5 case I'd like to check it out:)
  19. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

SpungeWorthy likes this.
  20. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Also noticed a lot of the folks that gave 5 stars, each gave 5 stars to a very similar list of other items.
  21. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member YooMee Black Amazon Kindle Fire 7 Inch Android Tablet Leather Case Cover Folio with Multi-Angle Stand and Hand Strap (Black): Computers & Accessories

OK, it's $8 now. I still like it a lot and only pre-ordered the newer version to get the sleep function, which is the one colchiro posted above.
  22. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

23. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

24. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to mine!
    The rooCASE I bought has become annoying, and the company is proving to be difficult to work with.
  25. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

You may have seen my previous post about my Moko case. I ordered it before I ever received my N7. The seller, BSCstore, later sent an email to everyone saying that because they didn't have the sleep function in the case we could get a free replacement of any Moko case when new ones came in. I got this email today.

I think I'll go with the Slim Fit case. What outstanding customer service this company has!
    RichSz and Unforgiven like this.