The Case Thread post your case finds here!Tips

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven On to Seattle... Moderator

I just added the Slim Fit to my wishlist. Will order next week when I replenish my spending money account.:D

I have been intrigued by other cases, but like a dev that goes above and beyond, I'll buy from these guys and if I have a chance I'll let them know why.
  2. mgreene

mgreene Member

+1 -- have one --not excited...
    colchiro likes this.
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Yeah, the original Moko case I bought was only $5. Now I get a $17 case for free and free shipping. I don't see how they can afford to do this, but I'm not complaining. :)
  4. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I really like that 360 Rotating case! That's a good add. There are a times when I'd like it on the stand in portrait.

Damn! Another case I want. :)
  5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Yeah I was really considering that one, but I wondered how it would fit in the grooves in portrait mode like it does in landscape since the N7 is taller in portrait.
  6. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a case/stand that does landscape or portrait, but did not like the ones I saw. I will not own a case that has leather on the face of the tablet and I think the ones I saw had that.
  7. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

colchiro likes this.
  8. colchiro

My second case hasn't even shipped yet and you want to me buy #3? :D

Like I said, not a fan of the design (big hole), or the white stitching on a black case. I "like" the idea of portrait, but it's a very (very) low priority.
    [​IMG]
    Just realized they used a Google I/O N7, which is white, so the hole wouldn't be so noticeable with our black N7's.

Now if portrait was a high priority, I'd probably consider it, since there's not a lot of them out there.

It does have sleep/wake tho, which is cool. I think a lot of cases have done a quick redesign to add that. I really like that feature. That's one of my case requirements.
  9. RichSz

Colchiro, edited your post accidentally. I think it's back. Sorry. I've notified the mods.

Anyway, I agree about the hole but this case has three things going for it for me:

1) Rotates between portrait and landscape.
    2) Sleep/wake.
    3) Doesn't cover the screen when open.

I'm considering cancelling my pre-order of the other one and getting this.
    Unforgiven, scary alien and colchiro like this.
  10. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

One more thing going for it is the seller. Great customer support.
  11. RichSz

You're not making this easy are you? ;)
  12. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

heheh.
    I've already ordered my second case, but I'm going to wait and see how it does before going for another one! :D
  13. Jay Aristide

Jay Aristide Well-Known Member

^This

I read the reviews of how they sent everyone who ordered their first-gen a second-gen for free (second-gen has sleep/wake, first doesn't), and that pretty much sold me. Mine should be here next week sometime :)
  14. Amaeloeze

Amaeloeze Well-Known Member

I ordered this case and it came in. It's a good case but the only down fall is that when you pull the front back the magnet that turns it on when you open it turns it off. It's actually kind of frustrating.
  15. colchiro

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Mine isn't expected until 8/10.

Sounds like the magnet is mispositioned or upside-down. I'd ask for a replacement.
  16. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

Looks like the YooMee Nexus 7 case is sold out, at least for now.
  17. Amaeloeze

Amaeloeze Well-Known Member

I didn't even think of asking for a replacement, just sent them an email thanks.
  18. Polarhound

Polarhound Member

Laying in bed reading a book, I realized another thing that would be nice to have: a case with a hand strap along the vertical back center so I can hold it for extended periods even with my arthritis. Holing it normally, even the light weight starts to hurt after a short while.
  19. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

This is the case I got as well and I like it a lot. Nice and protective when I open the case turns on my nexus 7 fits snuggled and best of all serves as nice kickstand so I can watch my YouTube videos and rentals lol. I still find it that red box has this stuff for 1.25 while Google is at least 2 dollars more expensive but what can I say I will not likely use Google play when I am on the road for a rental.
  20. jericho45acp

jericho45acp New Member

I got the $10 delivered Blurex case which is definitely the pleather variety, but it was cheap and works great. I have an iPad2 with a real leather folio that is not bulky and works good, but it doesn't pad the tab or protect it well. The N7 pleather case is bulkier but the bulk protects the tab. The bulk is made up of this super soft felt-like liner which will protect the tab if dropped. It has the sleep/wake mag function and works great. It has all the right cut-outs. The speaker cut out seems questionable because the folio design folds over it while closed, but surprisingly it doesn't muffle the speaker. It works for me until I choose something else.

It seems very comparable to the Kayscase, but without the 2-piece snap design... IMHO, the only reason to take the device out of the case is to show it off or to use the touch screen without the case borders getting in the way... which unsnapping the Kayscase halves will not accomplish. Folding the folio back or letting it hang work fine to get the flap out of the way. Also the Blurex has a mag closure which I like.

Honestly, I think this case will do it for me unless I decide to risk it and run the tablet naked - because it looks best with no case.
  21. Jay Aristide

Jay Aristide Well-Known Member

I ordered the Moko because my GTab 10.1 had a case that came to the edges of the screen and I absolutely hated it. It made hitting the back button a real PITA and forget about any kind of edge-swiping altogether. This time, I knew what to look for :) The Moko met all of my requirements: inexpensive, rotating, thick padding on the cover, sleep/wake, and absolutely won't get in the way. The fact that it's fairly attractive is just an added bonus, IMO.

I'm actually in the design phase of a smart cover that will add less than 2mm thickness to the the device, and less than half an ounce of weight.. No more spoilers, though... Currently trying to find someone in injection-molded plastics stateside to make the prototype for me..
  22. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

I'll take one. Seriously.

I actually touched base with a local machine shop here to see if someone would make me a metal bezel, and then I could cut up an official Apple Smart Cover to fit the device. I just couldn't justify $100+ for the custom bezel, though, and another $50 for the smart cover.
  23. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

I just received the Poetic smart case from Amazon, $8. The case is slim, not bulky and the clips are placed nicely and hold the tablet in place. The issue is the smart magnet. When you fold the cover to the back, it shuts the screen off, making this case worthless. Getting my $8 back.
  24. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

That seems like a pretty obvious error. Maybe the magnet is too strong.

Has anyone else had this problem? May have to cancel my UK preorder.