• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The Casio Commando Custom Rom poll & thread

DO you want a custom ROM and are you willing to pay to support it?

• Yes & I will pay

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Yes, but I am broke and can't help pay

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No, I am happy as it is

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • What is a custom ROM?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing you could try it's goto /system/app, delete/rename (i.e.camera.apk.backup) the camera apk, copy/paste the new one over, chmod the new one, then try to run it... (no guarantees, just an idea)

here's a link for the Xperia play phone.apk, it's pretty much stock dialer
http://db.tt/g4DvHAfN
Try the same as above, it might work...

The xperia play does come stock with vvm, but after I installed google voice, and told my phone to use that instead out vvm, it does dial google voice (I think... I've never called google voice to get my voicemail, I just use the android app, but it didn't sound like verizon's voicemail system)

I tried installing it using Root Explorer.
Every time I try, it ends with "Application not installed".
Oh, well.

Upvote 0
I will pay for a custom Rom too. But more importantly I would pay for someone to Root the M100 update.

I am sorry that I did not know about the pole that you people took. I am willing to donate $50 dollars toward the ROM for the GzOne Commando. That being said, before I pay out that money I do want to see some evdience that this will work. I know this is not going to be any easy task; however, I am will to help in this project. But first things first. When project is done, and I can see the report of this work then I will be more than happy to pay.

I understand that there are others that are willing to put up some money as will, and I like wise will do the same.

MJ Barry

Upvote 0
I'd kick down 10 bucks for it.
Things I'd add to the list of requests:
-Only the "Screen Lock" key lights the screen back up;
(btw - if you hate how hard this key is to press, put a tiny dab of hot glue on it)
-Unlock screen should be customizable to either unlock to home screen or unlock to program of choice (camera for me); two separate sliders
-get rid of that stupid slider on the home screen
-Is it possible to arrange the different desktops like a plus sign (left, right, above, and below) instead of linearly? That would be SO useful.

All the other suggestions are great too!

Upvote 0
I'd kick down 10 bucks for it.
Things I'd add to the list of requests:
-Only the "Screen Lock" key lights the screen back up;
(btw - if you hate how hard this key is to press, put a tiny dab of hot glue on it)
-Unlock screen should be customizable to either unlock to home screen or unlock to program of choice (camera for me); two separate sliders
-get rid of that stupid slider on the home screen
-Is it possible to arrange the different desktops like a plus sign (left, right, above, and below) instead of linearly? That would be SO useful.

All the other suggestions are great too!

In answer to some of your questions,
#2 have you tried go locker? It allows you to customize the lock screen.
#3&4 have you tried another launcher? I know there are a couple of "3d" launchers that allow for different home screen layouts.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Would certainly chip in 20 bucks for the custom ROM. As others have said, the really important things are to get rid of the bloatware, improve speed but also battery life (when in doubt, I prefer to improve battery life over performance), tethering... Also, is it possible to improve the sensitivity of the touch screen? To me, it seems a bit unresponsive.

One really important issue for me would be multilingual support - I need English and Japanese read/write. Shouldn't be too hard, quite common on many custom ROMs out there. For this, I'd pay an extra 20 bucks!

Upvote 0
Rooting the m100 maybe more of a problem than it is worth. The reason is explained as follows:

A few days ago when I received my replacement commando C771 from verizon, there was diffenetly some changes made to the commando. Of course, it was upgraded from the m80 to m100 verson, however, they had modified it by using different parts from many different cell phones, and of course the upgrade to. I was told this by verizon. The only reason that information came to light was I needed to check something related to the phone.

Whether they where trying to pull the wool over my eyes, or if they did indeed change the inside of the phone, I guess I will never know for sure. I did notice however, it is faster. Was this do to the changes inside the phone or was it the upgrade, or both, that I wll never know. I will say this; however, the phone I have now, and the V6 supercharger phone that I had (Rooted) would be extremely close race, as far as speed goes, and performance goes.

As to whether others get the same type of modified phone with different internal parts, I guess that will be the $64,000 question.

Before I forget this phone that I have now was never used, that is to say, it never had a phone number, like some replacement phone have had in the past.

mjbarry

Upvote 0
probably works faster because you have installed any apps on it yet.

The lab accidentally left in the commando 4 processor they have in secret development. Rumor has it that it runs at 1.21 jiggaHz and due to the flux capacitor it never needs recharged!

1267552136847.jpg

Reactions: jova33
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones