The Dark Knight Rises

1. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I know we are a year away but I'm totally amped for this flick. This is the official teaser poster. The teaser trailer is already out but in bad quality. I hear they will officially show it before the harry potter movie. Only about a year away. I can't wait!

Advertisement
  2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I am not sure it will be as good as the Dark Knight. To start, the Joker was amazing (RIP Heath). The villains in this one (Catwoman and Bane) also don't seem to be the cooler ones. I was hoping for penguin and/or killer croc. I'll still see it, but they have a huge job ahead of them if they want to top The Dark Knight. Personally, I am also displeased at the easy/quick offing of two-face (In The Dark Knight). I suppose he MAY not be dead, but they sure made it seem that way. He became a villain and died in about 20 minutes worth of film. Depressing.
  3. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

In my opinion The Dark Knight is a classic. I say this because I'm a huge Batman fan. Health Ledger was unbelievable as the Joker. No villain will match him. I agree its going to be tough to top it. Nolan is a phenomenal director. I'm confident this third installment is going to be a great movie.
  4. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure just about every one of us is going to feel the same. It'll be nigh impossible to surpass The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger completely reinvented an outrageous character, and made him become a complete and utter psychopath that you fear just very well may walk this Earth.

Still, I remember very clearly how most everyone cast doubts that TDK could surpass the excellent Batman Begins, and whether or not Ledger could really pull off the Joker. I believe we all agree that it happened. Not that it's likely TDKR could pull it off, but just a lil perspective. Anne Hathaway in skintight leather is going to help, though.
  5. lordofthereef

Anne Hathaway as cat woman though? Not sure how I feel about this.
  6. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^Same thing was said about Heath Ledger playing the Joker before anyone saw the movie...lol

Yea I agree Ledger did a amazing job as the Joker. Jack Nicholas should be proud, cuz I thought no one would do as good as he did. It was a different time back when Jack did it but I think Heath surprised many, many ppl.
  7. lordofthereef

I never said that. He was a fantastic actor before the movie too...

Anne Hathaway has never done anything where I have said "damn, that's great acting".

And it's Jack Nicholson ;)
    jroc likes this.
  8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^LOL!! Who is Jack Nicholas??? Dont tell me I had the golfer on my mind...I dont even like golf that much...
  9. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Guide

Anne Hathaway in skintight clothes = niceeeeeee.
  10. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

fixed :D
  11. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Guide

Been there, done that. :D
  12. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I never been a fan of Anne Hathaway but I think we should give her a chance. Nolan is a good director with great vision. I'm sure theres a good reason why she won the part.
  13. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

edge likes this.
  14. phantom phenom

phantom phenom Well-Known Member

image of Bane

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    YankeeDudeL likes this.
  15. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Wow Bane looks sick. Thanks for posting those pics.
  16. classickaaee

classickaaee New Member

I am a big fan of Dark knight. These sci fi flicks are simply amazing. I really liked how hollywood cinema has shifted its focus on sci fi and animated material. This is a very good step. Even there are movies like superman coming up , which was also based on a series named smallville.
    Smallville Episodes
  17. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^+1 to Nolan's selections.

And he has been involved in some amazing movies. Memento is one of my favs of all time.
  18. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

anne hathaway as catwoman?????

i dont see that... not a good matchup.... she is going to really act her ass off for me to buy it.

i think she should have a natural bitchy look.
    who would you cast as catwoman?
    lordofthereef likes this.
  19. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^Michelle Pfeiffer...
  20. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

For those that haven't seen them yet, here are the first pics released of Anne Hathaway dressed up as Catwoman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Orion and YankeeDudeL like this.
  21. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I almost feel I should avoid this release as it just cannot be done in my opinion. I've seen TDK so many times now and every time I am in awe at the performances of Heath. He truly was brilliant in it to my mind and think its one of the greatest acting showcases of our time. This is of course my opinion so clearly its subjective.

I didn't like all the catwoman crap last time round either.
  22. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting those Catwoman pics. Not bad at all.
  23. lordofthereef

I think they are terrible. Shouldn't she look, I don't know, like a cat?
  24. waikin7

waikin7 New Member

theres a new dark knight rises live wallpaper that i made which was released awhile ago. check it out im sure u guys will b interested =) its called 'dark knight live wallpaper' featuring the scene from the teaser trailer where gotham crumbles.
  25. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

The were just filming in Newark, NJ. Not too far from me. Would have been cool to take a peak. lol