• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Dark Knight Rises

What i do not understand is why Christopher Nolan (the director) is planning to make a Batman franchise reboot straight away after the Dark Knight Rises movie?? (announced on IMDB)
I cannot wait to see the movie though..

Yeah I just read it. A Batman reboot? That has to be some sort of mistake. If not, that's very odd. Now I'm very interested to see where this is going.

Since they plan to do a Justice League movie (Avengers type all-star movie) I believe that they probably find the current version of Batman as too dark. So they are most likely going to reinvent him in the Justice League and start a new franchise with that version of Batman instead of the Dark Knight version. They are also planning a Flash, Wonder Woman and another Superman movie as well.

As for TDKR, I can't wait to see it. My son and I are huge Batman fans and will be at the theater for the very first showing.

Upvote 0
I am excited that my local to theater is going to run all the DK movies consecutive up until midnight, then show Rises at midnight. Might go. Sounds cool

I would go to that is a heart beat. It just sounds cool. Plus, there will be a bunch of people in costume (you know there will be) and they are just fun to watch.

Upvote 0
^^^ never really understood that type of audience... but fun to watch!

and no way can i sit through that many movies in a row..

When I was still in Atlanta I worked at a company that had a massive theater next door. When Star Wars Episode 1 came out we were able to watch the people camping and dressed in costume waiting for the first showing. A bunch of us from work went down there to hang out one night, it was very entertaining.

As far as seeing that many movies in a row, we have a local theater here that will play older movies on the weekends (watch Se7en a few weeks ago) and they played all the Indiana Jones movies back to back one night. It was really cool to see them all on the big screen again. It was really long, but fun.

Upvote 0
Since they plan to do a Justice League movie (Avengers type all-star movie) I believe that they probably find the current version of Batman as too dark. So they are most likely going to reinvent him in the Justice League and start a new franchise with that version of Batman instead of the Dark Knight version. They are also planning a Flash, Wonder Woman and another Superman movie as well.

As for TDKR, I can't wait to see it. My son and I are huge Batman fans and will be at the theater for the very first showing.
Too dark? Well that's what makes him awesome. I love the Dark Knight version. Yes, I'm a huge Batman fan myself. I can't count how many times I've watched The Dark Knight when it was in theatres. I may do the same with this new movie.

Upvote 0
Too dark? Well that's what makes him awesome. I love the Dark Knight version. Yes, I'm a huge Batman fan myself. I can't count how many times I've watched The Dark Knight when it was in theatres. I may do the same with this new movie.

Oh you won't get any arguments from me. I love this version of Batman, even more so that there is no neon or black lights in it. I'll take Batman in almost any shape or form that they want to give him, but no more Tim Burton weirdness.

I just get the impression that with a new Superman reboot, Wonder Woman movie, Flash movie and who knows what else; they don't want Christian Bale growling his way through a Justice League movie. I also have a feeling that they will be throwing in some Boy Wonder as well. I just hope they leave out the Wonder Twins. LOL

Upvote 0
This movie is definitely going to break some box office records. I don't remember any other movie where tickets were being presold a month before the movie started, or at least they weren't being advertised on TV for pre sale.

Lol, bought my tickets a couple weeks back. Going on the first night at my favorite theater in NYC with the misses. Should be tons of fun. We're both patiently waiting, but stoked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones