• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The dark web...

Omg.

Oooooohhhh myyyyyy ggggggg.....

I see I am gonna have to get my crayons out and draw a pretty little picture... or just stealingz one?

xD

:D

I didn't create the dark web... the dark web created me!

XD

HAHAHAHA

deep-web-iceberg-e1432663755280.jpg

Hmmmm..... very interesting..... I wonder how accurate this really is?

deep-web-iceberg.png

Upvote 0
Oh, I knew what you're referring to. I think most everyone here does (Except maybe Mike, but he lives in a Yurt :p)

I myself have multiple VPN tunnels of secure (yeah, right, like we all believe THAT) information between multiple branches ... and a server in my basement (Yes, really ... it makes remote administration very easy.)

But, I don't call it "deep" or "dark" ... I call it Charlotte's Web. :D

Upvote 0
lol thanks for the info loony :)

Very interesting stuff... I wonder how accurate that 4% / 96% ratio statistic really is.... hmmmm...... dodgy stuff... wow scary stuff...

I wonder what information festers there in the extreme cesspool of unparalleled stench and rot?

Hmmm... have any of you guys ever used a ... "certain" browser to check it out...?

What did you find? ... curiosity ... will get me killed some day :D

Upvote 0
I know it used to be easy getting copies of the "Anarchist's Cookbook", "Terrorists Handbook", "Hacker's Manual", "Phreaker's Manual". Yes they existed and yes, I had them all once before. Some real McGyver shit, Lmao. Now ur lucky to find a Survival Manual for free! :cool:
FYI: Hackers manual - was Windows 98 and Unix
Phreaker's Manual - were old school payphone & home phone BS before everything went digital, Lmao

Upvote 0
Oh, I knew what you're referring to. I think most everyone here does (Except maybe Mike, but he lives in a Yurt :p)

I myself have multiple VPN tunnels of secure (yeah, right, like we all believe THAT) information between multiple branches ... and a server in my basement (Yes, really ... it makes remote administration very easy.)

But, I don't call it "deep" or "dark" ... I call it Charlotte's Web. :D

Charlotte's Web ROFL. I have an image of huge server in @lunatic59's basement (the heat output means it has replaced the boiler down there) with masses and masses of colour coded Class 6 cable all loomed correctly in Velcro (not cable ties - they chaff and are not reusable).

Seriously the "Dark Web" heard of it. Looked at it at a mates, a site selling illegal substances using bitcoin and strangely enough PayPal.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
Charlotte's Web ROFL. I have an image of huge server in @lunatic59's basement (the heat output means it has replaced the boiler down there) with masses and masses of colour coded Class 6 cable all loomed correctly in Velcro (not cable ties - they chaff and are not reusable).

Seriously the "Dark Web" heard of it. Looked at it at a mates, a site selling illegal substances using bitcoin and strangely enough PayPal.

Someone mentioned in another forum that stolen email addresses and the like are also sold there. Selling them is illegal, but the substances aren't.

Upvote 0
I have an image of huge server in @lunatic59's basement ...

Sorry to disappoint @dynomot but it's just an old Dell refurb running CentOS 6.7. Got some web services and an email server on it, basically for playing around ... it's better than hanging out on a street corner. ;) Oh yeah, got some web cams monitoring my house (and saving pics if motion is detected) and a private cloud with backup to an attached NAS RAID. Hmmm, maybe i should hang out on a street corner every now and then. :D

Upvote 0
a site selling illegal substances using bitcoin and strangely enough PayPal.
A lot of the general public views the Dark Web in trivial, superficial ways but there's a lot of really serious activity going on there. When civil disobedience and revolutionary movements like Arab Spring were going on, even though Facebook shamelessly hogged up a lot of credit on how participants kept a network of communication with each other, the whole foundation most of the activists were relying upon was Tor. While governments were blocking a lot of sites in a lame attempt to keep their own citizens from voicing their opinions, it was the Dark Web that allowed them stay connected online.

Upvote 0
No two ways about that @svim I'm sure the dark web is where it is all happening, both good and the very bad. I would also think that our government(s) are actually at a loss on how to track and find out what goes on in there. Rather they delude themselves that by monitoring and spying on the "ordinary" web they are in control.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones