The Difference Between 1.6 and 2.1 AppsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. universalexports1962

universalexports1962 Member This Topic's Starter

This is my very first posting to any forum site.

I am a huge Rush fan and noticed that a number of months ago the bands website announced an iPhone App. A few weeks said website announced an Android version.

I check the market everyday and have been unable to locate it. My partner has the HTC Desire (2.1) and it is the first app to appear when you type rush and search.

Does your OS effect which Apps you can download?

Advertisement
  2. fragglerok

fragglerok Member

I had the same thing with the sonisphere app, didnt show up on my phone but did on my g/f`s. it did appear for a while but when i updated the firmware it was gone again. im sure i read that google have to run some thing on marketplace when a new firware comes out. Maybe someone else can confirm

3. Stuu

Stuu Well-Known Member

Yes, Android market knows what android version you are using. So therefore ONLY shows compatible applications for your current firmware version.

Otherwise people on 1.6 will be downloading apps for 2.2, and it will not work, So therefore wasting your time.

I think its a very good feature.

Hope this helps

Stuu

universalexports1962 likes this.
  4. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

I agree, the Market shows only what your phone can use. Example, I bought Launcher Pro Plus when I had the Captivate on 2.1, but when I switched to the X10 with 1.6, the app no longer showed up in the Market..

5. fragglerok

fragglerok Member

The only problem with that, in my case, is the sonisphere app was compatible with 1.5 onwards ( and is running fine on my phone)

6. 6000

6000 Active Member

So we're on 1.6 (Donut). Forget 2.1 (Eclair) - as soon as we're upgraded to that, everyone will be whining about 2.2 (Froyo) and then 3.0 (Gingerbread).

For me, it's not so much what the phone can do - it's more about the ridiculous name of the version of the operating system. This is all down to Apple and their looney 'Snow Leopard' crap.

I, for one, will never cease complaining until I've been through 3.1 (Unicornheadlights), 3.2 (Banjoknickers) and have successfully installed 3.3 (Greyscrotum) on my device.

7. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Ahhh there are some very deserving recipients of 3.3 Greyscrotum about at the moment! Mainly the ones that DON'T STOP MOANING!!! Grrrr.

I would quite like the unicorn one tho, does it come in pink with the fairy dust app pre-installed?

8. 6000

6000 Active Member

It does, but many users have reported that the Sony version is a bit gritty and it scratches the touchscreen.

9. rosered

Oh but I thought by time we got to 3.1 we would be using mind control with it and have no need for a touch screen. Trust me to buy the wrong phone!

10. 6000

6000 Active Member

Yeah, Samsung and HTC have the mind control as standard.
    We might get partial mind control with the upgrade, which could happen next week or in 2016.

11. rosered

You know what, you have just really made me laugh. :D:D
    I soooo needed that. Had bad night last night on SE Forum with all the hot air about not having the upgrade yet and them slamming the SE Moderator. I have told them on there before he is just some poor bloke who works in a broom cupboard in the basement - they aren't having a go at SE's managing director:rolleyes:

I really can't get that hot under the collar about it, it's coming and that's all I need to know. Half the people moaning haven't a clue what they are moaning about, its just a my d*ck is bigger than yours cos of the numbers.

So a huge thank you 6000, cos it a little bit of silliness is all that it took to put me back in the right frame of mind.

I am sitting here sprinkling pink fairy dust as we speak, I can't wait for the upgrade but its playing havoc with my keyboard!;)

12. 6000

6000 Active Member

Silliness? What silliness?

13. lblintot

lblintot New Member

HTC and Samsung have mind control, but we're gonna get "BRAIN" contol and everyone knows that brain contorl is better.
    :rolleyes:

14. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Boy aren't we all full of ourselves tonight, ROFL....... SO let me ask, where do those who want more and get implants to have more, fall in with these concepts, ROFL.............

15. billytrueblue

billytrueblue Well-Known Member

Rush Rock :)
    i can get the app on 1.6 no probs m8