The difference resolution makes

Last Updated:

1. Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have searched around on the web without coming up with anything really conclusive.

My current phone is 240*320 and I know that's definitely not enough, but I was wondering if someone with a HVGA and someone with a WVGA could take a screenshot showing the same webpage (phandroid, perhaps?) so it's possible to see the actual difference in use.

I really want a WVGA screen, but since it might be a while before they're released I'm considering just getting a Hero, but it would be sad to buy it and be disappointed in it.

Would be much appreciated if anyone would help:)

Advertisement
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, I had to look up what HVGA and WVGA were. It turns out I have a WVGA device (Moto Droid). Unfortunately I don't know how to take a screen shot. But here is something I prepared back in December that might help:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, that gives a pretty good idea of how it works, I think.
    It should mean that surfing on a Droid, for instance, is a vastly better experience than an iphone or a hero, I'd say. Quite a bit more real estate.

The question then is, do you *need* the extra, or does webpages downsize properly?
    I'd prefer to do as little sideway scrolling as necesarry (a big issue on my current phone)

4. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

[quote="Gh