• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The Dreaded Facebook Sync

KilaIesha

Lurker
Dec 25, 2015
For some reason every time I try to do "sync apps with facebook" I get a message saying login failed however if authorised the app anyway bit the login failed and thus won't sync my calendars etc but I try it later then it says "authorised SamsungGALAXY" but it still then shows the very same message.

I have tried to...

Reboot the app ( Facebook )

Restart the Samsung tablet.

uninstalling facebook

removed facebook account

wiped out all data twice to factory settings.

Removed SamsungGALAXY from Facebook apps a lot of times.

turned off platform app and then turned it on again.

Updating sns via using the google app to force update, & actually attempting to update it by going into the galaxy apps

If no one can help, where can I take this tablet to a professional? I live in America if that narrows anything down.

For some reason every time I try to do "sync apps with facebook" I get a message saying login failed however if authorised the app anyway bit the login failed and thus won't sync my calendars etc but I try it later then it says "authorised SamsungGALAXY" but it still then shows the very same message.

I have tried to...

Reboot the app ( Facebook )

Restart the Samsung tablet.

uninstalling facebook

removed facebook account

wiped out all data twice to factory settings.

Removed SamsungGALAXY from Facebook apps a lot of times.

turned off platform app and then turned it on again.

Updating sns via using the google app to force update, & actually attempting to update it by going into the galaxy apps

If no one can help, where can I take this tablet to a professional? I live in America if that narrows anything down.

This is a small problem so it doesn't warrant being taken somewhere to be fixed. I'd say you can just try reinstalling the rom and see if that fixes the problem.

Upvote 0
H

How would I do that? Sorry, I have zero tech experience.
Pour gasoline on it and light it with a disposable match. Stand back to prevent injury tho..
Fbook is gonna cause more problems and use more resources than it's worth so ur best bet is to:
- access F*crap with a browser that's already installed cuz ur 30Mb Fbook app Download will expand (up to) 200Mb when opened.
- If ya need an instant Msgr from F*crap, use the official Messenger app as it only expands to about 60Mb when opened.
- Fbook app constantly pings and accesses data constantly, which causes excessive data consumption and battery drain.

Not being mean, just providing reality & details

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones