1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

the droid x...

1. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

IS HUUUGGGEEEE length wise. I mean I'm not saying that it is a deciding factor, but just that it seems more like a tablet than a phone. Large phones have always concerned me because when your on the phone, you could have a hard time talking on it. That's jsut me personalyl though, I could deal with a good .2 or .1 off of the length in general. :)

However, cosmetic features aside, I think this is going to have a pretty huge fight with the iPhone 4 and evo 4g. What it appears to do seems to be pretty amazing and that screen looks absolutely WONDERFUL. I mean beautiful. It looks actually better than my computer with my old compaq monitor haha :D. The movie streaming thing I can't comment about if that's exclusive to the Droid X or it's something that has existed and I wasn't aware. Looks like this could be a media playing giant though.

I'm also interested to see this version or "blur" going on. Because that aint stock for sure, but I'm interested to see if maybe the cosmetic changes that were needed in the stock android were addressed. That'd be great. My only worry is updates. We all know how awful motorola is at delivering updates to the Droid...which runs VANILLA android may I remind you which didn't leave too many things to tweak.
    What does the rest of the forum think?

Advertisement
  2. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

Honestly I need to hold it in my hands before I say anything about the size. Simply looking at a photo really doesn't do anything for me.

But it does look to be a pretty long phone and I'm excited about it. My Droid screen is way to small IMO. I think it's to damn narrow but the Droid X looks ideal.

I'm really excited about the blur feature or whatever its officially called. I think I'll have a page dedicated to emails, FB and stuff like that. I think this phone is going to be a HUGE success and I can't wait!
  3. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

It's not that much bigger than the Evo. Evo size feels great IMO. It's also thinner.
  4. h3liumX

h3liumX Active Member

Yep. Lots of the photos of it make it seem too big. But, after watching a bunch of review videos it seems very manageable especially being thinner than the Evo. And I don't think that Motorola would make a device that most people aren't going to want.

However, I think it really comes down to personal preference. Being a larger style phone it has different uses for different people. I for one am really looking forward to using it in my car with the mount.
  5. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Remember those old phones that people used to have with cords? They were like twice the length of the X. It's amazing that people could actually communicate with them!

:p
  6. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

After watching the Engadget preview of the phone a while back, I was like "OMG That's HUGE", but now... it doesn't seem as big as before. Reviewers are saying that it actually feels better than the EVO because of its thinness and skinner profile.
  7. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

Look daddy it's a clown! That man has a really large phone he's funny! hehe!

IN all honesty though I'm just not one on the whole pocketing thing. Now I'm a 15 year old, and yes, though I'm not in al lthese dumb trends (I listen to Jazz. Don't believe me? Ever heard of Lockjaw Davis? Exactly lol :D) that thing just seems like it's waiting to fall out of my pocket. I keep my phone usually in my dress shirt pocket when I wear it, or I keep it in my jeans. If this fell out of your pocket, you are gonna have one heck of a huge scratch on your screen i Bet.

Other then size as I've said, I love it. If it was the same size as the evo 4g I'd be perfect. Just me though I know there are those people who are willing to take the risk for it and what not
  8. It isnt really that big and its not running blur there are posts all over saying it is just a skin not actually blur