• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The DROID's phone app ... NO landscape mode!

That is exactly what i am saying is what rumdood is saying. Here it is step by step.

1) Open contacts.
2) Turn to landscape, and nothing happens.
3) Staying in Landscape mode, your contacts remain in Portrait, Now choose http://androidforums.com/members/rumdood.html
a contact and watch that single contact go Lanscape before your eyes.
4) Phone in Landscape mode slide the keyboard out and choose phone. Well
everything is working, but don't look for the phone pad on the screen,
you have to use the slide out keyboard. OH NO! what if a phone number
starts with letters, how would you know what number are associated
with those letters. Back to the portrait mode for this.

In Summation I was attempting to show how f**** up this is, they couldn't make it simple. I rest my case.

MICP1480

Upvote 0
I checked out Contacts Blast and it does look nice, but still when you are in a call, the contact shows up in portrait mode. I'd love an app that corrects this and looks as nice as Contacts Blast. My wallet is bidding $10 for this app. Anyone else?

Requirements:
While IN a phone call, and the phone is in landscape mode, regardless of car-dock or not, please show me on-screen number pad on one side of the screen, and contact information on the other.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I've searched around from time to time and still haven't seen a solution. I wonder if there is enough documentation on that screen/service that it can be re-written... sounds like a project for next weekend!

BTW: If someone beats me to the punch, I'm willing to pay for this app. A reasonable cost of $1-5?

Don't know for sure if it's the app or the rom I use, but DialerOne gives me a landscape number pad.

Upvote 0
The dial screen is at least right-side up :) You can dial using the keyboard. On-screen Dialing in landscape would be nice (without using the physical keyboard) but more importantly , I would like the in-call display to show the nice picture of (whomever I'l talking to) rightside up :) There really aren't a lot of touchable items on this screen, so it shouldn't have been such a hard concept to have it show information correctly oriented to the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones