The DroidX 1.13.604 Update Produced Dead PixelsSupport

Last Updated:

1. JonathanF

JonathanF Member This Topic's Starter

I had my DroidX Cell Phone since when it was released last week.

The Cell Phone was working very well with no dead pixels on any of the menu screens, none on any of the software applications, and none on the Camera or Camcorder applications.

I had checked for the dead pixels using different colored backgrounds, and using dark screens especially with the Camera and the Camcoder application.

On Tuesday afternoon I downlaoded and installed the DroidX 1.13.604 Update.

The DroidX now has some dead pixeks in the same location only in the Camera and Camcorder applications, and not in any of the other applications or menu items.

You need to use the Camera and Camcorder applications in very low light and viewing a dark screen and you will definitely see the white colored dead pixels.

If you using the Camera and Camcorder applications and you are looking at an object in a bright light or in an outdoors setting you will probably not notice the white colored dead pixels.

Since the dead pixels only occur in the Camera and Camcorder applications it is probably a software related bug.

Any comments?

Jonathan
    :mad:

Advertisement
  2. JonathanF

The Cell Phone was working very well with no dead pixels on any of the menu screens, none on any of the software applications, and none on the Camera or Camcorder applications.

I had checked for the dead pixels using different colored backgrounds, and using dark screens especially with the Camera and the Camcoder application.

On Tuesday afternoon I downloaded and installed the DroidX 1.13.604 Update.

The DroidX now has some dead pixel:mad:s in the same location only in the Camera and Camcorder applications, and not in any of the other applications or menu items.

You need to use the Camera and Camcorder applications in very low light and viewing a dark screen and you will definitely see the white colored dead pixels.

If you using the Camera and Camcorder applications and you are looking at an object in a bright light or in an outdoors setting you will probably not notice the white colored dead pixels.

Since the dead pixels only occur in the Camera and Camcorder applications it is probably a software related bug.

Any comments?

Jonathan

3. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

Droidx Update Caused Dead Pixels For The Camera And Camcorder

The DroidX now has some dead pixels in the same location only in the Camera and Camcorder applications, and not in any of the other applications or menu items.

Any comments?

Jonathan

4. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

Yes, first comment. Don't repost the same thing three times.

I have a single dead pixel on my X. I also have a speck of dust under my screen.

These are the ONLY issues I have. The dead pixels don't show up on the photos that I take off the phone, and it doesn't bug me all that much. I get ridiculously good battery life, and I love the phone.

That said, if you have dead pixels and it bothers you, take the phone back to the point of sale, show it to them, and get them to replace it. You're within 30 days at this point. Otherwise, call tech support, and get them to authorize a new phone.

5. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

If it's only in the camera and camcorder apps then it isn't a dead pixel, it's just a software bug.

6. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

edit
    info already stated

7. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

try camera360 from the market until moto fixes this sw glitch

8. mhornfeck72205

mhornfeck72205 Active Member

what you are finding is probably a anomaly called "hot pixels" which begin to glow at higher ISO sensitivity in camera sensors. ISO is basically a light amplification where the sensor is able to receive more light(in dim situations) at the cost of image quality. Any digital camera experiences this at some ISO or another. DSLRs are much better at handling this due to their larger sensor size, requiring less light due to the larger pixels on the sensor.

Here is a link to "hot pixels"

Hot Pixels

You can't get rid of it without software like photoshop or something designed to look for hot pixels, and it will always be there on that camera sensor, but it generally isnt a problem unless you are shooting in super dim light.

9. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

+1 Also, don't start a new thread when there is already one about this very topic in the proper forum (Support and Troubleshooting). :rolleyes:

JubbaTheHutt likes this.
  10. daemori

daemori New Member

Ok, so all of a sudden I notice this single white spot on my DINC screen. I have had my phone for over a month and have used it at night and never noticed this white dot before. It is in the middle portion of the screen under a sceen protector. So it is not just something that had popped under the film layer. So if it is a dead pixel that is white when you shut off the home screen, will it be black on a white or light colored screen?

11. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Who really cares...you aren't going to take that many pics in the dark and they don't even show up in the pics so stop complaining...

12. daemori

daemori New Member

Imagine having a brand new Ferrari with a defective windshield .....a big dimple in the glass in your line of sight. My dead pixel is on the home screen all of the time.

13. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

Droidx Update Caused Dead Pixels For The Camera And Camcorder

The DroidX now has some dead pixels in the same location only in the Camera and Camcorder applications, and not in any of the other applications or menu items.

Any comments?

Jonathan

14. BLK MAJK

BLK MAJK Well-Known Member

Really? AGAIN? Please keep posting it over and over again, just in case someone missed it and didn't see the other MULTIPLE threads about the EXACT same thing! :confused:

15. JonathanF

Someone user called GreenRolaids is reposting my original message that was posed several days ago.

He has reposted my message more than once on this User Forum.

16. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Report them.