The end is near!General

Last Updated:

1. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Did anyone notice that the Eris isn't listed on verizon's website anymore? atleast not for sale. I'm in the southeast.

Advertisement
  2. funkyfender

funkyfender Well-Known Member

3. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member

While I think its an amazing phone, what did you expect? With the droid, droid incredible, and the future phones before the end of the year... it was just bound to happen. It's sad. They really need to do the 2.2 on it if its possible... a lot of people like the size and simplicity of this phone. Great little guy!

4. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member

guess thats why they've been giving them away. literally! i thought the shelf life was a year. dog years, if not a bigger ratio

5. v941726

what else is strange is that the omnia is still there, and of course the ally(cuz its new) and the eris is very very comparable with these. i think better

6. v941726

doesnt show up here on web or stores. Rochester, NY

7. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Probably cause it had so many problems.

8. mdeblaz

mdeblaz Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but from what I've read, the Incredible has the same issues as Eris 2.1...

I think maybe they're gearing up for a 2nd generation Eris in the future? I would love that option... the same form factor with new "guts" - faster processor, nicer screen... etc. etc. Now that would be my phone.

9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

LOL am I detecting a hint of sarcasm there? ;)

10. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Well they did have problems, some people did, then the leak and hboot debacle, twitter debacle, etc. If i had lots of problems with a product i was selling i would phase it out quick too.

11. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Yeah the Incredible is just a faster phone with all the same problems. Of course, when I say faster, it really isn't that much faster, because if I am right a lot of people have lag with that phone as well as the silent call bug, 50% without signal, etc. The only thing the Incredible doesn't have is the trackball issue, but that's because it doesn't have the physical trackball (which I actually would prefer over the optical trackball, but that's just me).

And that new eris would be cool, but I think my next phone will have a physical keyboard if it's got the right form/size. But if not, I would love another Android phone the size of the Eris. I don't know about everyone els,e but while the EVO is nice with it's screen (same with the Droid X), it's more of a turnoff to have a phone that big. I don't really know, but I just don't like the larger screen so much cause of the physical size of the phone. It just feels awkward.

12. draconus

draconus Well-Known Member

The Eris really isn't a bad phone, besides some manufacturing defects that some have had, including my wife. Yeah and HTC Sense is really not optimized well for the device ;)

But with tech moving at lightening speed the Eris is already way old news. I know the stores will sell them until their stock runs out. Alltel used to hold onto some for warranty/insurance replacements but i'm not sure if Verizon does the same thing.

With the Incredible, and soon Droid X, there is no need for the Eris and Original Droid anymore.. I'm still hoping for 1 more major upgrade to 2.2 (which the Droid IS getting) for the Eris, then i'll be content :)

13. v941726

talked to a supervisor today to order my young daughter one for free. i asked why it was eol'd and she told me that everyone wants the incredible or the droid. and with all the new ones coming soon. they want the ally to be the "low" end one for some reason and not the eris i guess. the ally is just newer is all..but what she told me has been speculated here lots. it will be supported for 3 more yrs though. should be plenty good enough for my 12 yr old. haha.