The END OF THE WORLD!!!

1. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

I just ask that you all leave your car keys somewhere easy to find.
  2. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I thought the world isn't going to end for another 5 billion years when our will become a red giant star and engulf the earth.

Actually, I have a dental appointment that day.
  3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

In all the hubbub, I never heard exactly what time on December twenty-first the world ends. I may have to adjust my schedule accordingly that day.
  4. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

How come people think the Mayans were able to know when the world was going to end, but didn't know they were going to end much sooner? Mayans can't be trusted with predictions!
  5. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Maybe they did know they were going to end and just knew they had to accept it. It maybe they knew and tried to fight it and failed. They knew much more about the heavens above than western society did until very recently, so who knows what all they knew :)
    After all, we only know of what they knew by what we have been able to find, which is very likely not everything.
  6. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

You know I just realized that 12/21 is on a work day! So there's a chance that the last face I see is my boss's. The Mayans are cruel!
  7. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

What?! I I thought it already did. I thought the world had come to an end, and hell froze over when my mother-in-law, for the first time in recorded history, did not have anything negative to say about me at Thanksgiving.
    Jon Davis likes this.
  8. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

no more twinkies !!!! :confused::(

oh no.. not stinky... dont ask stinky!
    he will talk our ears off!
    that boy can ramble on .. and on...
  9. trekleech

trekleech Well-Known Member

My god I scream at laughter. And I'm in the same boat, so bring it on. :p
  10. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Here's something interesting on the subject, while they don't debunk the end of the world, at least it's interesting in regards to their calendar.

Mayans Never Predicted December 2012 Apocalypse, Researchers Say

Now, as long as the end is a slow thing, I think I'll be alright. I've watched tons of Doomsday Preppers and played a boat load of Fallout. ;) :p

--

I just did some extra research on the subject, and we are currently at 11:55pm on the doomsday clock, so I thin we're probably okay. :p
    Stuntman and argedion like this.
  11. xmr405o

I don't want the end to be a slow thing...I would suck at surviving. I don't know how to hunt, make a fire, make a tent and I don't even know the difference between good and bad berries.

Every time I watch shows like Revolution or Walking dead, I always picture myself dying from starvation or disease. I don't want to go out like that. haha.
  12. poriggity

poriggity Well-Known Member

I'm a Christian man, so I'm good with it being the end.. But that being said, I've tried to convince my wife to just spend all the $$ since we're only gonna be here less than a month anyway.... It's not working though. She is still making us save money :( :D
  13. huh

huh Well-Known Member

phshhhh
    BRING IT!!!!! Mayan's!!!!
    I double dog dare ya!!;)
  14. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Yeah, as said above they didn't predict the end of the world but it's just that their calendar ends on that day and I believe overtaken by another one.

Anyway, The Walking Dead finishes before then so at least I would have seen that and if it's zombies that end us then I'll know how to deal with them ;)
    9to5cynic likes this.
  15. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

how come the zombies from last episode were so slow? in other episodes they are faster moving....
  16. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

Well, if I were to believe it, I would sell my crap and party. If I am still alive those saying the rapture is upon us better hide because I will gut them one and all.
  17. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Not this again just another excuse for my boss not to pay me.
  18. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

more like another excuse to party the weekend before and night before!!!

btw.. it is on a Wednesday.. hump day.
  19. xmr405o

12/21/12 is on a Friday. You would have wasted partying on the wrong day! lol. :p
  20. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

NOOO.. that would have been another day to party.. kind of a first run.. practice..

remember we only have 1 shot at this! end of days and all

note: i had thought it was 12/12/12 at time 12:12:12... wow.. that would be a cool to note.. there re 2 of those that day.
  21. xmr405o

Lol, that would be cool.
  22. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

YOU GET PAID?? I need your boss :D
  23. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

2012-12-21 is the winter solstice.
  24. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

But this year, they say, it