The Ever popular "I've Got Mine!" Thread.General

Last Updated:

1. dogshed

dogshed Well-Known Member

You can activate it while it is being charged.

marctronixx likes this.
  2. slamjet

slamjet Well-Known Member

hehehe YAY! Finally! and OH MY! What a change from my Moment! It's just AWESOME!
  3. caterham09

caterham09 Well-Known Member

That is not the problem. it wont turn on at all. Its been charging for 2 hrs but it just wont turn on at all. The notification light is blinking orange though if that helps

Edit: May have figured out the problem. I think my charger wasnt connected right. It tries to turn on now but it is still dead as a doorknob
    3vodroid and marctronixx like this.
  4. 814 htc evo

814 htc evo Well-Known Member

I def can't wait for the otterbox defender case!! And I hope that HTC soon pushes out an update to fix the sense crashing issue other than that I LOVE MY NEW EVO 4G LTE!!!
  5. You got some huge hands.:D
    AM2 and slamjet like this.
  6. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

So ... I can verify all gift cards and discounts can be applied at Best Buy.

Apparently my pre order do didn't do something right, so I had to force the pre-order GC issue, even though I shoved the sign in her face..

But, got the $50/$50 for trade in, $50 for Phone Freedom, and $50 for pre-order.. bought black tie and buy back. Not sure that was wise.. but whatever. :)

And wow - took forever..

And they had 3 ugly BB cases.. no Otter. My rep said, "Otterbox hasn't received the specs yet" ... ugh... Suuuuuuuuuuure.

Which color did they have?
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. slamjet

It was a real pain when I needed to get motorcycle gloves. And now my poor boy has daddy's hands. Gotta make sure he doesn't get into fights, he'd dislocate a jaw with one swing. For grins: my ring size is 16. Top that!
    AM2 likes this.
  8. O_O
    slamjet likes this.
  9. BadgerX

BadgerX Member

Got mine about 10 am at the office
    marctronixx likes this.
  10. AHWagner

AHWagner Well-Known Member

marctronixx likes this.
  11. Holeshot88

Holeshot88 Active Member

I'm typing this message on my ltevo and all I can say this phone delivers. Proud to be a HTC owner!
    Lowbird and marctronixx like this.
  12. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Well-Known Member

Hey I'm setting up my new phone (I know, I'm slow as molasses....) and I have a few text messages I want to transfer to the new phone. I generally don't keep texts but I don't want to lose these messages just yet. What's the best way to move them over?
  13. omiller315

omiller315 Well-Known Member

Check out SMS Backup and Restore. I never went phone to phone, but I am sure it will work. Just saves them to SD card in a special format. It is by Ritesh Sahu. I know there are a few in the market. BTW it is a free app
    PyroSporker and PattiCakeUS like this.
  14. AHWagner

AHWagner Well-Known Member

EVO LTE is so fast!
  15. PattiCakeUS

I know there are apps out there but I didn't know which might be best. I'll try that, thanks!
  16. omiller315

Sorry. Meant to say there were a few close in name, so I wanted to make sure to include the programmer. I restored on the same phone and worked like a charm. Not 100% sure about photos in texts though.
    PattiCakeUS likes this.
  17. omiller315

Got mine and waiting for the case to put it in. Want to make sure it is nice and protected with a screen cover and otterbox before using it. Now I get 6 weeks off work to enjoy my new toy :)
  18. PattiCakeUS

I noticed there were 2 apps with the exact same name but I grabbed the one with the most ratings and it turned out to be the programmer you recommended. The texts I'm trying to save are text only, no photos.

Thanks again :)
  19. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Great advice omiller (hope your surgery went ok and you are recovering well).

Just wanted to mention to you that in Sense 4.0 the Messaging application has Back up and Restore built into it. :cool: It is a new feature that I am really glad they implemented. Thumbs up HTC.
    PattiCakeUS likes this.
  20. quijibo

quijibo Well-Known Member

They made me bring mine in to a tech, he just laughed and told one of the salespeople to call tech support. Mine worked fine for everything but data. I accidentally left my old phone on as well.
    The salespeople were very excited to finally see one, I wasn't sure if I was going to get it back.
  21. omiller315

Thanks Pyro. Going well so far. Looking forward to checking out Sense 4. Had whatever the Rezound came with the brief time I owned it and thought it was an improvement over the OG Evo.
    PyroSporker likes this.
  22. slamjet

OK, I'm a big shot! I'm posting this from my nice, new phone. I installed Thumb Keyboard and now I'm styling! This thing is so much bigger than my old phone that my stumpy-ish thumbs were cramping trying to reach all the keys. But there is one thing I'm noticing, this sucker is FAST!

I used to have to wait whenever I installed an app. Not any more. It also boots up pretty fast. My Moment took what seemed forever. The LTEvo takes only a fraction of the time.

I know this is only day one, but thus far I'm extremely pleased with this phone.
  23. Kevin C

Kevin C Well-Known Member

I activated at about 4:30 this afternoon. Ended up having to do chat to get it done, but that only took about 15 minutes. Interesting that someone mentioned turning off old phone. That was part of the process when I was on chat.

Now my question - someone earlier posted about Beats Audio and turning it on and off...where do you find that? Is it only if you are listening through headphones?
    marctronixx likes this.
  24. Skid71

Skid71 Well-Known Member

Since you guys were talking about texts... does anyone know if there is a way to change the background color of the messaging app? I've got an eye diseasy that necessitates a black background with white font instead of white background with black(ish) font.

Wish I could change the settings menu background as well.

Had to call in to get it activated...then had to go on the charger.

off topic.... My ring finger used to be a size 16 as well. Before I lost 160 pounds. (not saying you need to do that Slamjet)

back on topic...
  25. 814 htc evo

814 htc evo Well-Known Member

Shoot when I activated my phone I accidentally selected the wrong plan I am on the everything data 450 and out of stupidity and trouble activating the new phone when I hadto renew my contract I picked the unlimited $99.00 plan I just changed it back to everything data 450 I hope sprint don't charge me the fees for the new plan I didn't want and the old/New plan I had and wanted to keep when I switched back to it fml :( :( and yeah sense crashes everytime I close an app :( :( :(