The EVO is old news now

Last Updated:

1. myriam

myriam Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sad that now the EVO seems to be old news. Everybody talks about the Doid X. Even the Incredible is getting Froyo at the end of July. Is it that HTC already forgot the EVO? :(

Advertisement
  2. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

that just means the evo will be getting it that soon aswell because the only real difference between the phones is the internal memory and drivers

3. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

yup, Im staying with sometime in August.

4. fredsmith

fredsmith Well-Known Member

That's life in Internet Time. I'm guessing that the Evo will keep popping up in the press, though, as more cities come online with 4G. I had the pleasure of using it in St. Louis and I was very pleased.

5. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

The Incredible, is from Verizon no? So Verizon would be the 1 finalizing Froyo for it, as opposed to Sprint finishing it for Evo? Seems like a poor comparison, correct me if im wrong, plz.

6. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

Of course something that's about to be released is going to get more attention than something that's been released a month and a half...

Evo is just as good if not better than the Droid X in my opinion.

7. hendodo

hendodo Well-Known Member

People are not going crazy for the Driod X like they did EVO...The phone itself is just not attractive.

8. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

My friend just got the DX on Friday... Personally, I don't like that phone at all. If you think the EVO is big, the DX is a monster. It also isn't very aesthetically appealing... I find the EVO to be much sexier. It also doesn't have a front facing camera and MotoBlur is not very impressive.

9. swazedahustla

swazedahustla Well-Known Member

How can the EVO be old news. Its running Cyanogen CM6 with FROYO. Droid X while a good phone isn't even a thought. Go to their forum and see all the post's people are putting up complaining about different things. Enjoy your EVO and screw everything else.

Connectz likes this.
  10. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

I find this very funny. You make it sound like the DX is SO MUCH BIGGER than the EVO. While it is taller, it is also thinner width wise and thinner depth (thickness) wise. But in reality, the two phones are very similar in size.

I realize a lot of people keep saying the EVO and DX are so different looking to and how the DX is so much worse looking. It's a personal thing obviously, but the two look very similar to me. Sure the DX has hard buttons instead of touch buttons and the EVO has slightly rounded edges. But again, you make it sound like one is totally different from the other.

Thanks for the laugh!

12. rckymtn

rckymtn Well-Known Member

Evo, still new, there still showing ads on TV, just last night saw the ad from Best Buy on the new white Evo..so no old new on the Evo..

13. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I AGREE! Moto blur is not that great. But I do like the ability to change the size of widgets. And from watching video's on YouTube, the Evo actually looks more appealing to the eye.

14. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Well-Known Member

Until they crack that bootloader, if they do, the EVO will reign supreme in my book!

TF1984 and johnblaze like this.
  15. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

When I look at them side by side, they look very different to me. I am sure it is a matter of taste, but I think the DX is ugly, and how you can say they look similar just escapes my eye.

16. Stepintothedark

Stepintothedark Well-Known Member

well apparently the Incredible's 2.2 update got moved back till august.. so who knows about the Evo's now... :(

17. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

And Sense... HTC will likely take an assload of time to re-implement Sense on top of Froyo without killing the efficiency that Froyo brings with it.:mad: At least I hope they don't kill it...

18. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

Eh, regardless of the New Phone Smell wearing off of it, I still love this phone. I thought it was because I was a big tech nerd, but a coworker here who knows dick about technology came up to me and was raving about how much she loves her phone (I tweaked it for her quite a bit). It was good to see an "average" phone user digging it as much as I do.

Too bad HTC didn't make enough to go around at first.

19. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I love my EVO more everyday. I'm used to it now and its functionality for day to day use is amazing. When I first got it it was a little hard to take in, but now she's a beauty.

Connectz likes this.
  20. malibu23

malibu23 Well-Known Member

sense kix a$$...

21. aburgthing

aburgthing Well-Known Member

Hmmm..in my circle of friends and co-workers the current score is 5 with the new Evo, 4 wanting but not being able to find it and zero for the iphone 4. Pretty amazing numbers to me. And every time I pull it out around the uninformed I get the wow factor...."what is that phone!" And what Verizon did with the Droid X kill switch to hell with how it looks, (though I'm sure someone will break that soon enough) how could Evo not stay at the top of the heap?

22. Liebertron

Liebertron Well-Known Member

what is the point of this thread? could be top 10 worst

blksith0, Connectz, Sim-X and 5 others like this.
  23. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Not sure how the phone can be considered old news. I consider phones old news when they announce that it will no longer be sold. That's when support, parts, and everything goes to pot.

Evo was so advanced, it's going to take time for apps and other features to be developed that truly make it your own customized phone. And by all means, I don't want to see HTC and Sprint give out on it after 9 months like VZW has on the original Droid.

Motoblur is not the preferred interface for me. Neither is Sense, but I can't complain about Sense overall other than it standing in the way of Android updates. There are many N1 owners out there that wish they had Sense because they don't have the time, patience, or skill to make their N1 look pretty.

24. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

A monster? Lol, normally i would take your word on it but i happen to be in a best buy just yesterday and compared side by side. The phone is a little longer and thats about it. When i think monster i think all the way around but this phone is very thin, much thinner than the evo imo.

25. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

Give it another month and the Droid 2 will be out and the X will be old news and then the Epic will be out, etc etc. That's the way it goes with phones. Just pick a phone that you can be happy with until your next upgrade. I know I'm more than happy with my Evo and it will serve me just fine until next year when I'm eligible for another upgrade.

Chief7, geomens and damewolf13 like this.