• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Evo is sold out everywhere!!!!!

palmgoog

Jul 13, 2010
I've called up about 10 sprint stores, 10 best buy stores, and 10 radio shacks all around my area and none of them have the Evo. I want it so bad! A lot of the places said there was waiting lists with like 50 people on it. What should I do and where is my best bet on getting one as soon as possible?

Get on as many waiting lists as possible and drop by every sprint store you can as often as possible to see if you roll the dice right and they have on in stock.

mm yeah that seems like alot of work even tho i had my phone for a month now, i haven't seen it an any store i usually go by 2-3 times a week to check for my cousin that wants one, so Did i get mine? well i just order it from amazon, got it a week later but is better then just wait till sprint have it and be lucky enough to find one, it did day it will take 10-11 days for delivery but it was at home in 7 so i was really happy about that, version 2 not problems whatsoever

Upvote 0
I've called up about 10 sprint stores, 10 best buy stores, and 10 radio shacks all around my area and none of them have the Evo. I want it so bad! A lot of the places said there was waiting lists with like 50 people on it. What should I do and where is my best bet on getting one as soon as possible?
I'm having the same problem. I heard that they were recalled. I wonder when they will be re-released? I'm guessing that when they are re-released it will be HW 0004 or 0005.

Upvote 0
I called up Sprint customer service and ordered one anyways. They said it would go on backorder so I said that's fine. This was yesterday (July 12th) Last night at 9PM or so I get an email from Sprint saying my order has shipped! The email even included the UPS tracking. So supposedly tomorrow I should have it!

Why they told me they were out then shipped one anyways I don't know but I am not complaining!
I guess I won't get too excited until tomorrow when it shows up.

Upvote 0
I called up Sprint customer service and ordered one anyways. They said it would go on backorder so I said that's fine. This was yesterday (July 12th) Last night at 9PM or so I get an email from Sprint saying my order has shipped! The email even included the UPS tracking. So supposedly tomorrow I should have it!

Why they told me they were out then shipped one anyways I don't know but I am not complaining!
I guess I won't get too excited until tomorrow when it shows up.

ha ha nice lol hopefully you get it, and about recall i don't think they did, but i do believe they have problems keeping up with production just like the htc incredible which is another htc phone and people are having problems finding too

Upvote 0

Yea its a mess. Between all the orders and then people waiting for replacements its hard to get a phone now.

Upvote 0
Nope, I work at an indirect dealer, so I can't give out those deals. If you make the trip, it's going to be 299.99 plus tax today. Sorry. I'll hold it for you if you want it, though.
Sorry. I'm shooting for the 199.99 up front, with $25 off each of my next two Sprint bills, and a $25 rebate in the mail. If it weren't worth waiting for such a good offer I would be in my car and on my way:eek:

Edit: Though, considering the Sprint site hasn't put up and stock for days now, and the studentrate offer ends tomorrow, I may be SOL on that deal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones