The Evo is sold out everywhere!!!!!

Last Updated:

1. palmgoog

palmgoog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've called up about 10 sprint stores, 10 best buy stores, and 10 radio shacks all around my area and none of them have the Evo. I want it so bad! A lot of the places said there was waiting lists with like 50 people on it. What should I do and where is my best bet on getting one as soon as possible?

Advertisement
  2. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

Get on as many waiting lists as possible and drop by every sprint store you can as often as possible to see if you roll the dice right and they have on in stock.

3. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

mm yeah that seems like alot of work even tho i had my phone for a month now, i haven't seen it an any store i usually go by 2-3 times a week to check for my cousin that wants one, so Did i get mine? well i just order it from amazon, got it a week later but is better then just wait till sprint have it and be lucky enough to find one, it did day it will take 10-11 days for delivery but it was at home in 7 so i was really happy about that, version 2 not problems whatsoever

4. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem. I heard that they were recalled. I wonder when they will be re-released? I'm guessing that when they are re-released it will be HW 0004 or 0005.

5. bhoth

bhoth Member

I called up Sprint customer service and ordered one anyways. They said it would go on backorder so I said that's fine. This was yesterday (July 12th) Last night at 9PM or so I get an email from Sprint saying my order has shipped! The email even included the UPS tracking. So supposedly tomorrow I should have it!

Why they told me they were out then shipped one anyways I don't know but I am not complaining!
    I guess I won't get too excited until tomorrow when it shows up.

6. habitual.line.stepper

habitual.line.stepper Well-Known Member

If anyone is in SoCal, the BB in burbank has 8 white evos(was 9 but i took my sister to get one :p ), BB in Hollywood has 3 white ones and the Sprint store in the Montebello mall has a few.

alene likes this.
  7. jgalan14

ha ha nice lol hopefully you get it, and about recall i don't think they did, but i do believe they have problems keeping up with production just like the htc incredible which is another htc phone and people are having problems finding too

8. palmgoog

delete

9. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member

no its because of the Shortages of LCD's that keeps being reported, plus the EVO has sold well

10. no0b4lif3

no0b4lif3 Member

I don't know if I got lucky.. But on launch day, my local Sprint store still had several in stock at the end of the day. I couldn't get mine, because their systems were down, and they couldn't activate new customers =[. BUT they did hold on for me, and I got it the next day.

11. palmgoog

Is there a difference between calling and going into the store?

12. hitekalex

hitekalex Well-Known Member

13. habitual.line.stepper

habitual.line.stepper Well-Known Member

Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes :p

14. jgalan14

Ha ha truth
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

15. REVNU

REVNU Active Member

I got on just about every Radio Shack waiting list in a 25 mile radius of where I live. 1 week later I picked up my new HTC EVO. (which was today) :D

16. kixs

kixs Member

Yes! At launch day I went home empty handed and tried again the following day... still no luck so I called the customer service and boom I got my unit 2 days after. Lucky for me it is a perfect unit... no problems what so ever...

17. onetreeplanted

onetreeplanted Member

I think ordering online is the quickest way. Really. Probably the best way too. If you have any problems you can take it to a sprint corporate store for free service. Suck it up and pay the extra 100 and wait for the rebate.

18. pgus13

pgus13 Well-Known Member

I would say eBay would be the fastest, as well as most expensive!!

19. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Sprint got rid of doing rebates for the next month, so even that's not an issue.

20. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Yea its a mess. Between all the orders and then people waiting for replacements its hard to get a phone now.

21. SprintTerp

SprintTerp Well-Known Member

I've got one for sale sitting next to me in Western North Carolina...just opened the store...any takers?

22. CriticalCritic

I'm trying to do the instant rebate and studentrate discount. Can you do that? If so, I may drive from Cary:D

23. SprintTerp

SprintTerp Well-Known Member

Nope, I work at an indirect dealer, so I can't give out those deals. If you make the trip, it's going to be 299.99 plus tax today. Sorry. I'll hold it for you if you want it, though.

24. CriticalCritic

Sorry. I'm shooting for the 199.99 up front, with $25 off each of my next two Sprint bills, and a $25 rebate in the mail. If it weren't worth waiting for such a good offer I would be in my car and on my way:eek:

Edit: Though, considering the Sprint site hasn't put up and stock for days now, and the studentrate offer ends tomorrow, I may be SOL on that deal.

25. 81_

81_ Banned

that's cause all the cool hollywood kids want iphones.