• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Evo over everything if you get Swype on it.

Can you get swype on the Evo? Ive been looking for clips on youtube can't seem to find any clips showing swype.....I thought it was a samsung feature.I love swype and can't live with out it...lol so if that's the case I will consider in january when im due....
Ps> Did this with swype...
Lol

Upvote 0
Can you get swype on the Evo? Ive been looking for clips on youtube can't seem to find any clips showing swype.....I thought it was a samsung feature.I love swype and can't live with out it...lol so if that's the case I will consider in january when im due....
Ps> Did this with swype...
Lol

Yeah as long as you have the app file on your SD card and a file manager you can install Swype on any Android phone.

Upvote 0
Honestly ever since 2.1 on my moment...I retract my earlier statement about possibly jumping on the EVO. My upgrade will be up about a month after it's release assuming it releases in june...so I wouldn't have to dish out cash. I realize that even tho the moment's keyboard isn't the best BUT USABLE. I don't think I can pass up having both virtual *swype* and hard qwerty...Ahh who knows. That front facing camera, and 4G etc. all seem enticing and the HTC branding as well lol.

I don't plan on leaving sprint anytime soon, ive been with them since the 7th grade. I doubt if a android qwerty slider appears after the EVO -- that it will go to sprint. =/

Upvote 0
Honestly ever since 2.1 on my moment...I retract my earlier statement about possibly jumping on the EVO. My upgrade will be up about a month after it's release assuming it releases in june...so I wouldn't have to dish out cash. I realize that even tho the moment's keyboard isn't the best BUT USABLE. I don't think I can pass up having both virtual *swype* and hard qwerty...Ahh who knows. That front facing camera, and 4G etc. all seem enticing and the HTC branding as well lol.

I don't plan on leaving sprint anytime soon, ive been with them since the 7th grade. I doubt if a android qwerty slider appears after the EVO -- that it will go to sprint. =/

Remember, the moment 2 is coming out, and if the include a 1ghz hummingbird and the same ram, it'll actually be faster than the evo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones