• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Excitement Thead

ArmageddonX

Android Expert
May 12, 2011
Arizona, USA
I'm really excited about this! This is the tablet I've been waiting on. I am really hoping I can get one! :D

"Nexus 10 is the newest tablet from Google. With the world’s highest resolution tablet display, all new multi-user features, immersive HD content and the best Google apps -- Nexus 10 has something for everyone."

Tech Specs

SCREEN
10.055" diagonal at 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution for 300 ppi
WQXGA
Corning(R) Gorilla(R) Glass 2
CPU/GPU
CPU: Dual-core A15
GPU: Mali T604

SIZE
263.9 x 177.6 x 8.9 mm
WEIGHT
603g
CAMERAS
5 MP (main)
1.9 MP (front)

WIRELESS
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (MIMO+HT40)
Bluetooth
NFC (Android Beam)

MEMORY
16 GB internal storage (actual formatted capacity will be less)
2 GB RAM

CONNECTIVITY
Micro USB
Magnetic Pogo pin charger
Micro HDMI
3.5mm headphone jack

BATTERY
9000 mAh Lithium polymer
OS
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)

SENSORS
Microphone
Accelerometer
Compass
Ambient light
Gyroscope
Barometer
GPS

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_10_16gb

http://phandroid.com/2012/10/29/google-and-samsung-announce-the-nexus-10/

~ ArmyX

Reactions: twane and Android26
10" device. Personally, won't touch it. Will stick with N7 and N4.

Rootbrain

Hear with ya. I really don't use my Prime anymore. 10 inch factor just isn't for me.
Specs look amazing though. Best of luck to all of those who get one.

Wow, you guys almost make me change my mind.

NOT! :D I'm really looking forward to getting one.

I've considered getting a 15" Win 8 slate. If it was out already I might, but it's about 3 times what the Nexus 10 is.

Upvote 0
My only complaint with the new Nexus devices is the lack of LTE. It's just my opinion, but it's a huge mistake. HSPA+ is a great technology but here in the US LTE is the 'norm'.

I understand that had they included LTE the devices would have been at least $100 more expensive but even in saying that it would have been nice if we had options. HSPA+ GSM Version & LTE CDMA Version.

Even Apple is bowing to the LTE Overlords now. Have I said LTE enough? lol LTE

I've been waiting on buying a Tablet for a long time now. I'm 80% on board with the Nexus 10 at this point. I cannot see myself spending $100 more for an iPad 4 just to get less. The Tablet specific Apps are a big draw for the iPad though.

~ ArmyX

Upvote 0
I can't decide, 16gb or 32gb??? Can anyone give me some quick advice?

~ ArmyX

I can't decide either. I haven't come close to filling up a 16gb device. I'm not one to hoard things I don't use anymore. I've only used 6gb space on my Galaxy S2. That's about 80 apps plus 4 nandroids and assorted other files that I could just as easily store on my laptop or to the cloud.

On the other hand, I don't often have $500 to throw around and this tablet will have to last a while. I will probably have more games on it and who knows how large they may be optimized for this tablet. I would rather be future-proofed and have too much space than not enough so I'm leaning to the 32gb model.

Upvote 0
I can't decide, 16gb or 32gb??? Can anyone give me some quick advice?

~ ArmyX
I'm only considering the 32GB model. Cloud storage is great until you don't have access at some point. If there were a 64GB model, I probably consider that one instead. Even though I've never come close to filling up my 32GB Prime (sans movies which I keep on SD card).

Upvote 0
Yeah on my Evo3D I have 12GB of available total space and 6.22gb Available still. Considering the OS itself is, what, 5gb? I don't use a lot lol...

I play games, browse the web. I know I would play more games on the Tablet, but even then, 16gb would probably be plenty for me. I think.

There's always that doubt, ya know? Like I will fill the 16gb and then regret not getting the 32gb.

~ ArmyX

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones