The FM Radio & Turning the phoneGeneral

1. kkdk

kkdk New Member

Problem one: The Fm radio will NOT under any curcumstances play music when the headphones are not insertet into the phone. If i insert a minijack into the port, i can suddenly access the phones own speakers for the FM radio. But if theres not a minijack (headphones) insertet into the phone, the FM radio is just dead. How the heck do i hear FM radio on my phones own speakers without having to insert a minijack into it?

Problem two: Flipping the phone stops music. I realize this might be some kind of function that it intended, even though it seems ******ed to me because it seems to trigger while im on my bicycle and suddenly muting it. How do i disable this?

(otherwise im very happy with my phone so far. Battery useage seems to be above avarage, but its no big issue)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Irate

Irate Well-Known Member

for problem 1
    the phone does not have an antenna so it uses the headphone wire as the attenna so you there is no way to get around it

for problem 2
    settings->motion->untick turn over
  3. kkdk

kkdk New Member

Thanks. I diddnt even concider that i was using it as an antenna. I still think it would be nice to have the option to try without something plugged into the minijack port at all.

I still get good signal with only a 5 cm Y splitter plugged into it, soo.. maybe the phone would get a decent signal without any antenna except the phone itselfe?

Regarding the flip-over function, im just blind. Thanks :)
  4. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

Get a pair of headphones and cut them so you only have the jack stub left? do it with a cheap pair perhaps, it might work poorly.