• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The FM Radio & Turning the phone

kkdk

Lurker
Jul 14, 2011
Problem one: The Fm radio will NOT under any curcumstances play music when the headphones are not insertet into the phone. If i insert a minijack into the port, i can suddenly access the phones own speakers for the FM radio. But if theres not a minijack (headphones) insertet into the phone, the FM radio is just dead. How the heck do i hear FM radio on my phones own speakers without having to insert a minijack into it?

Problem two: Flipping the phone stops music. I realize this might be some kind of function that it intended, even though it seems ******ed to me because it seems to trigger while im on my bicycle and suddenly muting it. How do i disable this?

(otherwise im very happy with my phone so far. Battery useage seems to be above avarage, but its no big issue)

for problem 1
the phone does not have an antenna so it uses the headphone wire as the attenna so you there is no way to get around it

for problem 2
settings->motion->untick turn over

Thanks. I diddnt even concider that i was using it as an antenna. I still think it would be nice to have the option to try without something plugged into the minijack port at all.

I still get good signal with only a 5 cm Y splitter plugged into it, soo.. maybe the phone would get a decent signal without any antenna except the phone itselfe?

Regarding the flip-over function, im just blind. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones