The Froyo Incompatibility and Complaints List

Last Updated:

1. overcaffein8d

overcaffein8d Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I figured since Froyo's more or less taken hold, it would be good to compile a list of things that don't work. Since it's unofficial and junk, make sure to say what ROM.

I'll start.

Apps:

MotoTorch LED-- Works on FRF57 with some people... Doesn't work when it's themed (NexFro/Team Chaos/etc). Sometimes doesn't work for either. Dev is working on it.
    Helix/Helix2-- Doesn't work at all. Dev status unknown (or dev isn't working on it)
    Foreflight Weather (aviation weather app)
    WiFi-WPA2?
    Bettercut--FIX'T
    Booting into Recovery
    Touchdown
    World War
    Racing Live

Complaints
    i'm just going to update the app list...just post them
    Well, not too many.
    I like the new options for security (pin code, password), but it would be better if you didn't have to hit "OK." I know it's better for security.. but it's an extra keystroke.

So, guys, post 'em.

Advertisement
    YankeeDudeL and inssane like this.
  2. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Helix1/Helix2 doesn't work, and I don't think the dev is working on it at all.

[​IMG]

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Foreflight Weather (aviation weather app) doesn't work >:[

4. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

For me, every flavor of Froyo I have tried (including BB and Fab's) will not allow me to use WIFI to connect to my Belkin WPA2 enabled modem (tried deleting and reconfiguring the network but no luck). It finds the network but is unable to obtain the IP address (I even tried disabling security completely and unhiding SSID and still no luck) Tried every kernel available for 2.2 Each Froyo install has been with a full wipe. 2.1 based ROMs connect fine. This has been my one deal-breaker.

5. avidmar1978

avidmar1978 Member

The "USB Connected" Droid screen is cute and all, but rather annoying.

Launching an app and backing out of it drops you back in the app list, not the home screen.

6. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

Bettercut didn't work for me on the new BB froyo stock rom home.

7. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Hey man, may wanna watch that. Mine gave me the same crap... tried to connect, then just went back to saying "remembered" instead of "connected". I saw the wifi indicator in my statusbar though, so I opened the browser... I was connected. The phone just didn't say I was. I loaded whatsmyip.com, so I know I was on my own home network. I use wpa2 as well.

did it give you error messages? Mine was doing that too, and it never put the damned icons where I wanted, but if I restarted the launcher, they would always be on my home screen.

8. shrink57

Thanks for the heads up. I will give it a try when I get home (I probably flashed about 10 times for nothing :mad:).

9. Arcolog2

Arcolog2 Active Member

Skype Mobile forces closed on log in, boo

10. Fecious

Fecious Active Member

I have not been able to tether wifi.

11. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Booting into recovery is an issue for me. I have to flash SPRecovery and re-flash ClockworkMod to get it to work. I have to do this EVERY time I want to do anything within recovery (make/restore backups, wipe data/cache). Not a deal-breaker, but definitely annoying.

12. Arcolog2

Arcolog2 Active Member

+1

13. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

The only problem with these threads is trying to discern what is fact, and what is perception. For instance, MotoTorch did NOT work on my DROID with either UNthemed version of 2.2 Froyo. Also, my Wifi has NEVER been broken.

14. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Have you tried updating your router firmware? I don't have the same router (I use a Linksys) but I've never had a problem connecting via WPA2 on mine with Froyo.

15. FUCCO

FUCCO Well-Known Member

yeah better cut does not work on my froyo, sucks i like to rename my icons too

16. Vidfreek

Vidfreek Active Member

Have had battery issues since moving to this that I didnt use to have in previous roms, processor will just get hotter all of a sudden even though there isnt much happening, have had an issue with Slacker radio force closing all the time after you kill the program or quit out of it, sits in the notification bar forever even though its off and maybe up to 5 minutes later I will get a force close box for it, havent had any luck with most of the task killers either, the ones I've used kill the apps it seems but wont kill itself anymore (they did this before Froyo) and most dont actually seem to kill anything as 10 seconds later all my running programs are back and it wasnt like this on non Froyo roms

Havent had any problems with the market or wifi though, so go figure, the most common issues arent issues for me and I get all this other junk happening instead, gonna have to go back to Nexbeast 1.1 as it was easily the best ROM I've run to date, too many issues with Froyo (and of course not all the features yet either) to keep worrying about it till its official and has the kinks worked out

17. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I can't download any apps in the market on BB with the Drop theme. Though, I think the latter is causing the issue. Had no problems running the theme on the first leak though. Just trying to figure out which backup it was :(

18. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member

My phone is still just as heavy and the physical keyboard is too flat. ;)

For those of you experiencing issues, did you wipe all user data?

19. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

I had this problem too. I fixed it by loading data only for it from my TiBu backup.

20. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

Google Maps will not update for me at all. I have tried 3 different versions of froyo, and all of them give me the same error.:mad:
    Frobeast, bugless beast, and the stock froyo that 1st came out. Any idea whats up with that?

21. shrink57

I have the latest and also tried downgrading. No luck. But again the frustrating part is it connects fine with ever 2.1 ROM I throw at it.

22. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

I haven't had any issues with Better Cut - I'm currently running BBv0.1 (Froyo), and I didn't have any problems with Birdman's Froyo either. Better Cut works just as it did on 2.1 for me...

23. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I just switched to BBeast 0.1 last night. So far MotoTorch still doesn't work for me, and trying to turn on WiFi reboots my phone.

24. silkchaos

silkchaos Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to get Touchdown to work since i went to 2.2

25. l0ki346

l0ki346 Active Member

I can't take a picture if the subject is more than 2" away that doesn't turn out blurry. I am NOT in macro mode - this has plagued me on the orginal Froyo leak and NexFro 1.0.1 based on FRF57. Heading to Churchill Downs tonight and I'd like to be able to get some decent pics...