• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Galaxy Player Looks Like One Sweet Android iPod Touch

Dixie

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
Beijing
We'd gotten a quick look at the Galaxy Player before, but not like this: a nearly three minute video that shows that Samsung's brought a gun to the iPod Touch gunfight.
The Galaxy Player is an Android 2.1 media player, and it looks like the first device to really go toe to toe with Apple's iPod Touch. It's got a 2MP camera, 8GB or 16GB internal memory along with a microSD slot, an FM radio, GPS, Wi-Fi, 3.2-inch screen, built-in DivX support. And access to the Android Market for all your Angry Birds needs.
There's no price announced yet for the US, but it's currently available for at 200 euros overseas. The iPod Touch costs about the same in euros and in dollars, so we'll hopefully see the Galaxy Player come in at around 200 bucks. If you're an Android fan, you've been waiting a long time for this. [Samsung Hub via Wired]
Link: http://gizmodo.com/5670624/the-galaxy-player-looks-like-one-sweet-android-ipod-touch?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gizmodo/full+(Gizmodo)

i think it is great for some...needs..

but my phone is great for all that.. I dont see why I would carry 2 devices that overlap sooo much!

now. I might want to get this for my daughter.. who does not need a phone... and something that has GPS tracking!

I hope pricing is cheaper than the iPods...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones