1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General The Galaxy S5 has the best performing smartphone screen ever tested!

1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

DisplayMate has done a Samsung Galaxy S5 Display Technology ShootOut and it even beat out the Note 3!!!

Here's a quote from the shootout; "Our detailed Lab tests show that there have been significant display performance improvements in almost every single test and measurement category, resulting in a number of new records for Smartphone display performance. Based on our extensive Lab tests and measurements, which we present in detail below, the Galaxy S5 is the Best performing Smartphone display that we have ever tested – and it has raised the bar for top display performance up by another notch."

This makes me want this device even more but I'm still holding out for the 32GB version,

Advertisement
    Shocky and CafeKampuchia like this.
  2. emilioaponte

emilioaponte Active Member

Good, me too but with 32GB .
  3. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

4. CafeKampuchia

5. CafeKampuchia

atg284 likes this.
  6. GalaxyNexus

GalaxyNexus Well-Known Member

Yeah the display is killer. It reminds me a lot of the Tab Pro 8.4's which is one of my personal favorites.
  7. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Samsung's OLED displays just keep getting better and better. :)
  8. CafeKampuchia

This is a high compliment coming from Anand Tech:

9. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

I would love to create good natured chaos on the M8 forum, but the mods here are too fast. :) ;)

Based on reviews so far, S5 edges it out also with battery life and camera and video performance.