• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

the ghost writer touchscreen (lost control of the touchscreen)

havi007

Nov 8, 2009
Monticello, MN
I wonder if ne one had an major issue with their touch screen before like I had with mine. So I decided to post this little story. Let me start off with a little background info. I got my droid november 6, 5 46am central time zone. don't ask me how but the vzw dude was letting me earlier cuz I had work. I was so happy that day leaving t mobile I did love my g1 but wen I read all about the droid I felt likt I had to leave her and move on. She did do a lot for me but time tells all and it was my time go and move on.Untill two months ago (Present time I'm talking in) I realized not everyone has the bubbly keyboard. I saw friends at my unit (I'm in the army reserves) that bought the droid a couple of months after me had flat keyboards n they were bitching bout how flat it was. I agreed with them since I was woth a g1 the keyboard was a bit flat but nothing to were its such a pain, so my friend shows me his keyboard and I looked shocked played with it was like wow and I pulled my n did a side by side side comprasion and this before I saw the bubbley keyboard thread on here. So unforunately my toucscreen starting doin its own thing like it was ghost writer and spazzing out. I had no control over it this happened monday nite and I was dreading it that I will end up replacing it. But it would not let me do nothing.I couldn't go ne where on my screen it would randomly hit different icons to the point were sum times it would call my contacts. I only had control over the physical buttons. So on Tuesday during work I fought the ghost writer to let get to setting a do a system restore. First minute of the set up was ok but right wen it finish and I was on the home screen again. I was like FUDGE I don't want to replace my rare Droid. After work I replaced it, I was real pissed I had the bubbly keyboard and (something I didn't noticed untill I got my replacement) the golden plated volume side button. I miss my precious rare droid. I was soo proud to be first non employee to have the droid in houston.

Again to repeat the question has neone had their touch screen go completely nuts on its on like it was a glitch in the matrix u have no way to use it to were u had to go to the store and replace it?

Ne one has explanations.

I'm thinking too much moisture build up or greasiness idunno

its not bs, why would i take all the time to lie on a forum. Whats the logic behind that how can i get glory without even seeing ur reaction. it was gradual bug that got out of control the touch response just went haywire i also forgot to mention i drop the fone twice so maybe moisture with the combination of the drop made it go nuts

Upvote 0
I don't know. With HTC's, sometimes (VERY rarely) the digitizer could go bad. From what I understand, it would get less responsive, but nothing about mixed signals. Not sure how capacitive screens work, never looked into it. Sounds software related tho, not hardware. There are tutorials for tearing down a droid. You could look into it, see if there's anything obvious. I did a screen replacement on my HTC Excalibur. While successful, I've decided I will just use warranty from now on.

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to pull up a dead thread, but mt phone is doing this. I've had it just under a month, and when I'm trying to go through my artists in the music player, it will randomly select a band that isn't even showing on the screen. Sometimes it pulls the notification screen down, sometimes it closes my music player and opens something completely random. I tried a battery pull, I tried leaving the phone off for about 10 minutes, and nothing seems to be helping.

Upvote 0
Have had the same problem twice...I am 99% sure it is related to the heat/humidity. Once i can cool the phone off a bit problem stops.

I do have a clear flim screen gaurd on my phone - have wonder if the problem would be there without it. Only happens on very hot days..phone in pocket.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. It slowly progressed until yesterday when the phone was entirely unresponsive. Hard reset did not fix. I too listened to the humidity explanation. At first, I thought there might be some validity since the humidity was higher when it first started but then I tracked it. Did not make a difference. Second, if you think about it, the humidity level seems like a weak excuse. Much of the Mississippi Delta, Deep South, Florida, and the Pacific Northwest would be unable to have a phone. Also, humdity is not fixed but very much relative to temperature. Warm air able to hold more moisture than cold air. Long story short, having a new phone sent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones