The great debate...contract date or NE2

Last Updated:

1. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Kinda strange....but,

I called VZW to check to see if one the lines was eligible for the upgrade. They said yes. I stopped by a corporate store to make sure and they said yes as well. My contract end date is like March 2011 and according to what I've read here you can only upgrade if your contract date ends by December 2010. Not sure, but I'll think I'll try to get an X on launch day and see what happens.

:)

Jayme

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi Jayme,

Welcome! I think you'll find more success with your question here. Cheers!

Steven

3. ckeegan

ckeegan Well-Known Member

Well, assuming you have a 2 year agreement, then you started your current agreement in March 2009. Therefore, in March 2010, you became eligible for Annual Upgrade, which means you can get 2 year pricing, but you give up your NE2. I think they're telling you your Annual Upgrade eligibility.

4. socarwolverine

socarwolverine Well-Known Member

I was thought it was that if you were eligible to upgrade in 2010 they would push up your upgrade date so you could get an X. Contract end date doesnt matter if i'm right.

5. dnlwthrn

dnlwthrn Well-Known Member

Jayme,
    I'm in the same boat (contract end date is 2/12/11) and I'm "eligible" for an upgrade. However, I won't get my NE2 unless I wait till October (4 mos before my contract is up). As someone else mentioned, this is the "annual" upgrade. After 12 mos, you can upgrade to any phone @ contract price if you sign a new 2yr agreement.

6. ckeegan

ckeegan Well-Known Member

The words they used during the press event, was if your contract ends anytime in 2010. Honestly, it was just a gimmick, since anyone with a contract ending in 2010 is already eligible for Annual Upgrade, and unless your contract ends in December, then they're also already eligible for NE2 since they're at 20 months.