1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

The Guides Usergroup finally has a dedicated team leader!

1. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

The time has come for the Guides Usergroup to have a more dedicated lead. A "Team Leader", if you will. :)

Up until now the usergroup ran based on posted guidelines with the help of the entire mod group to help steer them in the right direction and answer any questions.

As the site grows so does the usergroup and it's purpose. We've operated pretty well so far, but now it's time to give the team a first point of contact and clear team leader to manage daily operations and the various projects that come around.

I can't think of anyone better equipped to take this role, not to mention help build it from the ground up and set the standards, than one of (if not the) best guides we've seen here on AF - Frisco.

So, congratulations to Frisco! He's kindly agreed to take this role on and see what he can do with it. Naturally I want to thank him for all the work he put into the community as a moderator. AF is what it is thanks to dedicated team members who are willing to shift focus as the site needs, and he's sure done a great job of that!

Speaking of - we are not terribly far away from our next round of Guides. I have a list of several people who have been recommended or who have requested a shot at it. We may make an announcement inviting more PMs from those who might be interested, or may not - but if you want to be considered be sure to let me or Frisco know!

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

congrats FRISKKKKKK!!!!!! :D
    Frisco likes this.
  3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Congratulations Frisco!
    Rico ANDROID and Frisco like this.
  4. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

All bow to the all mighty Frisco!!

No, really...BOW!

I mean it...BOW now!!!

OK, that little bit of insubordination's been noted and Frisco will deal with YOU later!

:D
  5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

/me bows.

Heppy?

Seriously, though, Frisco has already done wonders for me in the last 24 hours or so... lol

Thanks to him and, well, really, ALL the Mods here. I, for one, appreciate all that you do to help keep me sane in the presence of insanity. :p
    Frisco likes this.
  6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

What's a bow without the wow?

[​IMG] ;)
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  7. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Guide me my leader!!

xD

Guide me to greatness! :D

Well done Friscy!! :)
  8. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Frisco! Good luck in your new role.

Thanks for being a great Guide Leader. You will go far!
  9. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Hey, got your PM and forwarded it to Frisco - he should be hitting you up soon. :)
  10. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

Frisco ROCKS! Congrats Frisco!
    Frisco likes this.
  11. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

EDIT: Thanks, Phases.

I appreciate your help. I talked to Frisco.
    Frisco likes this.
  12. CrazyTechnoBoy

CrazyTechnoBoy Well-Known Member

Congrats Frisco! :D You really deserved it. :)
    Frisco likes this.
  13. Frisco=Epic :)
    Frisco likes this.
  14. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

No no no... :)

Friscy = Alien:

[​IMG]

Woopsy!! :D

I meant "Leader"!!!

xD
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  15. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Congrats Frisco.

Now that you are gone as a mod, who the hell is going to get me my coffee. :p :D

TS
    Frisco likes this.
  16. Frisco

I guess I should apologize for not coming over to your recliner where you read your Aquaman comic books, reaching down and grabbing you by the nap of the neck, standing you up and walking you over to the kitchen and teaching you how to make your own coffee!!!

:D
  17. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Aquaman? lol of all the comic book heros you choose aquaman.

TS
  18. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hey Frisco, congratulations on becoming a 'Guide Leader.' I believe you will do good job.

I'm steering myself into being an "Android Forum Guide," and looking forward to working with the best staff ever. ;)
    Rico ANDROID and Frisco like this.
  19. Frisco

Nice to know, Rushrl.
  20. Frisco

Elastic Lad?
  21. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Shazzam! lol
  22. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

Just reading this promo announcement! Congrats Sir Firsco!!

[​IMG]
    heh heh. love how shes says that.. while smack'n the choppers as if shes ready to have Frisk Stakes (oops.. steaks)

[/Hide]
    Frisco likes this.