The heck with 2.1, I want 2.2General

Last Updated:

1. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator This Topic's Starter

Just saw this. Maybe our Moment will have the horsepower to run flash after all. I've heard lots of chatter (RUMOR!!!) that Google intends froyo to be rolled out to every phone that has the memory capability, so it's not out of the question for us. If it is a 2.x release, even if Samsung refuses, some of the smart guys over at sdx may be up to the challenge.

Advertisement
  2. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Yeah...

You know how when you're a kid and you tell your friend you have a headache and then he stomps on your foot and says, "See! Now you've forgotten your headache!"

Well, this is the stomp on the foot and I can tell you that I've completely forgotten about my headache.

/Want!!

3. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Since it provides flash we wont get it. Our processers are already eliminating us. It would be nice though! Thankfully I will probably have an EVO and the wife will keep the moment so I can enjoy all the android goodness all the time!

4. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member

Wish my wife would let me do that! Maybe if she gets the Evo when her VZW contract is up in September and she hates it, then she'll agree to trade phones... maybe. We'll see!

5. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Android 2.2: coming to Samsung moment in 2012.

6. latinmaxima

Way to feed the fire Zumaki. Isn't tht before it officially gets 2.1 though!

7. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

I thought sprint has a 6 month waiting period before you can do an esn swap on new phones

8. latinmaxima

Nope. You can swap whenever technically. If you got a $150 rebate or mail in rebate they are charge to your account is all. So approximately 60 days give or take a week to do the swap.