• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The hell of syncing contacts

'roidfreak

Lurker
Aug 28, 2010
I just got the HTC Desire and I like it a lot - except for one thing: It is really awful at handling contacts. I have 250 friends on Facebook and 200 contacts in my gmail contacts and some on my SIM card as well. When I want to send an SMS I really only need access to those on my SIM card, but I get all the information from both gmail, SIM card and Facebook. Some people have 5 entries: One from SIM card, one cell number from Facebook, one home number from Facebook, one email from Facebook and one email from gmail. It is really cluttering up my list and makes it very confusing to send an SMS. Strange thing is: When I enter my "people" list I have set it up so it only shows people on my SIM card.

How can I make "Search People" only show the information from my SIM card? Of course I could just delete my Facebook account from "Accounts and Sync", but that still leaves the gmail information.

I'm running Froyo by the way

I just got the HTC Desire and I like it a lot - except for one thing: It is really awful at handling contacts. I have 250 friends on Facebook and 200 contacts in my gmail contacts and some on my SIM card as well. When I want to send an SMS I really only need access to those on my SIM card, but I get all the information from both gmail, SIM card and Facebook. Some people have 5 entries: One from SIM card, one cell number from Facebook, one home number from Facebook, one email from Facebook and one email from gmail. It is really cluttering up my list and makes it very confusing to send an SMS. Strange thing is: When I enter my "people" list I have set it up so it only shows people on my SIM card.

How can I make "Search People" only show the information from my SIM card? Of course I could just delete my Facebook account from "Accounts and Sync", but that still leaves the gmail information.

I'm running Froyo by the way

Phone -> Menu -> People -> Menu -> View -> From there you can select what u want to see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones