The HTC EVO 4G LTE Screen SceneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

You know the drill! Home screens, lock screens, icon packs, widgets... Let's see those screens!

From conservative functionality, to unique layouts, to the ever-loved all-encompassing scene. All are welcome.

Yes, right now it's early, and things will certainly get more interesting when we get root +ROMs, but for now let's see what you've got!

And in case you don't know,
    A screen shot may be taken by either:
    1) Sense 4.0 Shot - Holding down the power button, then tapping the home button. Using this option:
    - - the shots are saved into the 'Camera Shots' folder
    - - you can only take a shot of the screen as it sits
    - - the photo is taken instantly
    - - there is a small popup saying that "screenshot saved to camera shots"
    2) ICS Shot - Pressing and holding both (at the same time) the power button and the volume down button (for about 1.5 secs). Using this option:
    - - the shots are saved into their own 'Screenshots' folder
    - - a screenshot can be taken, while at the same time utilizing/demonstrating some other function on the screen with another finger (e.g. dropping down the notification bar, moving an icon, holding open a 3rd party folder widget, etc).
    - - again, it takes about 1.5 secs to take the shot.
    - - a notification is added to the notification bar that lets you view the shot when clicked.

Advertisement
  2. CriticalCritic

Lock Screen (using Widget Locker)
    LockScreen.png

Home Screen
    HomeScreen.png
    PattiCakeUS and IxAnonymousxIo like this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

It works with Tapatalk they tell me.

Otherwise, something like Flicker with the "http/farm/static/jpg" link buried in their "share -> embedded" feature is your friend. (Otherwise, a Flickr link will do and because we're old pals, I'll fix it up for you. ;))
    marctronixx and CriticalCritic like this.
  4. davvy1856

davvy1856 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is my current fave. As you can see it was taken during a Media Link session. Everything goes landscape, including the lockscreen; WHY CAN'T HTC GIVE US THIS OUT OF THE BOX??? I'll root and get it soon enough!
    PattiCakeUS and CriticalCritic like this.
  5. CriticalCritic

IxAnonymousxIo likes this.
  6. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

7. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

8. emblemboy

emblemboy Active Member

I'm liking this windows 7 theme I found
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Needs more tile options though. I don't want to pay for the full launcher >_>
  9. nitussi

nitussi Active Member

Ok I assume the camera shot folder is on the internal memory because I do not see the folder on the SD card and I have no idea on how to get to internal storage.
  10. nitussi

nitussi Active Member

Ok I kinda figured it out! These backgrounds are mostly space galactic images that change every second or so. Here are a couple of shots..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

..still "a work in progress"
  11. tp2386

tp2386 Well-Known Member

Here's mine
    [​IMG]
  12. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Well-Known Member

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

mms1946 and CriticalCritic like this.
  13. scubatrinni

scubatrinni Member

Where are you guys getting these cool screens. I have the ones I found on the phone. The waterfalls are not there. In fact the only one I recognize is PatticakeUS. I have that one too. But would love to play with some of the cooler one I just saw...
  14. Kevin C

Kevin C Well-Known Member

Here's mine...more functional than pretty.
    Thanks to the guys at Team Tasks for turning me on to the Nova Launcher where you can resize things and add rows and columns...will be taking a look at upgrading it...even if I don't need it.

Attached Files:

15. AM2

AM2 Well-Known Member

I don't have tapatalk...how do I post a pic on here???
  16. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

17. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Well-Known Member

The waterfall posted by 3vodroid and the background by davvy1856 are both HTC wallpapers that come on your phone. The one posted by CriticalCritic looks like the live "Lava" wallpaper.
    3vodroid likes this.
  18. suprmallet

suprmallet Well-Known Member

Haven't had a lot of time for customization, but this is what I have so far:

[​IMG]
    CriticalCritic and PattiCakeUS like this.
  19. Geek Goddess

Geek Goddess Well-Known Member

Here's mine. Interesting to see how many people are using folders to hold stuff. One of the first things I did with my OG EVO was to create a "speed dial" folder so I could dial all my favorite people with 2 clicks, and that was one of the first things I did here also. LOVE the easier way to create folders!

This is using the Beautiful Weather Live Wallpaper as part of the Beautiful Widgets app. I know it's geeky, but if I'm stuck inside without direct access to windows, I like to be able to look at my phone and see what the weather is like outside (raining, snowing, etc.). :) (Early in the afternoon and dusk below):

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  20. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

It's warm!:D
    3vodroid and Y2Dre like this.
  21. Y2Dre

Y2Dre Active Member

That is a nice idea! I hope you don't mind me biting that! ;)
  22. Y2Dre

Y2Dre Active Member

Here's my first of probably many home screen layouts:

[​IMG]
  23. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Mind sharing that wallpaper?
    skpd likes this.
  24. omiller315

omiller315 Well-Known Member

Could you please tell me how you did the speed dial? I am curious on my moms Galaxy Touch2. She has been complaining it is too many clicks to dial someone while driving. My reply was you are driving.lol I think she will get voice activated Bluetooth, but thought if the option was there, I would check her phone next time I see her..Thanks
  25. suprmallet

suprmallet Well-Known Member

Where are you guys finding good wallpapers for this phone?