the htc keyboard for x10....get it!!!General

Last Updated:

1. david1806

david1806 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all
    Whooopee I did it. Managed to download HTC keyboard to my phone without even using my pc. Anyhow, I just wanted to say I can't recommend it enough. So so much better than android keyboard. If you get stuck let us know for help.
    Cheers!
    David :)

Advertisement
  2. allbutlost

allbutlost Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I was avoiding it was because I saw a HUGE list of steps in order to get it, and I just didn't think it was worth bothering (I'm lazy, I admit it readily) when I don't have too much trouble with the stock board.

How'd you get it sans-PC?

3. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member

4. allbutlost

Alright, I finally went ahead and did it, and I'll admit... definite improvement, and it wasn't nearly as time-consuming as I thought it would be.

5. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

That is the reason alot of people don't install it because they think its too complex, which is why I made the fool proof step by step guide :) glad to know it helps :)

allbutlost likes this.
  6. allbutlost

It did help, thank you :)

One thing you may wanna add to the guide (unless it is there, and I'm just blind, which is entirely possible) is to make sure the phone is set to install Unknown Sources, which mine was not. So I was confused when I hit "install" and the phone basically told me "nuh-uh" :D

I knew where to go though luckily, so no big deal (Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources).

It was also a little unnerving to get a pop-up message saying this application could be used to record input like passwords and credit-card numbers. That hadn't crossed my mind but it did have a point -- I almost didn't install it because I'm a touch on the cynical/paranoid side, but I decided there were enough people here that seem to be fine with it :p lol

7. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Ye, my phone came with that already checked, so I didn;t really think of that, thanks for reminding me, I will add it now :)

8. david1806

david1806 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

good on ya dibberly!!
    :)

9. flubberjub1

flubberjub1 New Member

Can i do this on my LG GT540?