The I got 2.2 from T-mo Thread ...

1. macavely

macavely Well-Known Member

So since was should be getting the OS update with in the next month why not have a discussion thread for those that have received the update ..

Advertisement
    :
  2. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member

I just upgrade from the samsung behold 2 to the my touch slide. I should get it the end of this week. I'll see if it has the 2.2 update or not. All I know is that anything haas to be better than the piece of crap samsung I've got now.
  3. macavely

Don't expect to have it in a week you will just be let down... I don't think anyone has received a notification email yet..
  4. RavenWulf

RavenWulf Well-Known Member

from what he posted I believe he is talking about receiving his MT3G-S by the end of the week, not FroYo.
  5. trav2001

Yup, that is exactly what I meant
  6. macavely

I was going by that statement..

Sorry I miss understood what you where saying.
  7. UnknownAlly

UnknownAlly Well-Known Member

I rooted my slide. I wonder if I can restore it back to Eclair before the update comes (if it comes).
  8. trav2001

Ok no need for anyone to be mean. It was just a clairification, no big deal. But I got my slide yesterday. So far I like it a lot. The only thing throwing me off is the touch pad at the bottom. No 2.2 update on it. Sill just 2.1.
  9. UnknownAlly

I hate the touchpad too. Doesn't work as good as a track ball.
  10. Iliketrains

Iliketrains Well-Known Member

Its a lot more responsive in Cyanogenmod 6. But I hate it too, why not just have a trackball?
  11. trav2001

I'm sure it was for looks. Trackball was bulking this is smooth and looks awesome. I'm more used to it now that I've had the phone about a month. And was playing with it on my friends new MT4G, it's much better that phone.
  12. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

I hate the sensor pad on this phone. My girlfriend's old phone (cliq xt) had a pad on it like a laptop and worked a lot better.
  13. Iliketrains

I remember mucking around once with a sister's Blackberry Pearl and it had a trackball. I thought it was awesome, and when I saw that this phone had a trackpad, I thought it would be better than her trackball.
    TRACKPAD_FAIL=TRUE
  14. RazoE

RazoE Well-Known Member

I personally hate the track ball, I've hated it since my old sidekicks, they always collect dust and lint and get stuck and stop working..
  15. Iliketrains

Hey, wait, lets stop there. I'd hate to have this thread hijacked with unrelated comments. And I know there isn't a 2.2 update yet, but lets try to keep things relevant. I'm just saying.
  16. UnknownAlly

The touch pad sucks. lol. I'm j/k

So the update is taking years...
  17. trav2001

I contacted T-Mobile support the other day and all they could tell me is that I should have the update by the end of December.
  18. Iliketrains

If they can make this update compelling enough (which I highly doubt), I might even go back to just using stock. But then again... I bet once that happens, ROM development is going to explode. Thats assuming there is an update, and considering T-Mobile's past, I wouldn't be surprised if they backed out.
  19. UnknownAlly

Damn it they keep moving it up a month.
  20. trav2001

Yes T-Mo is highly annoying when it comes to updates for anything. Although I'm a pretty laid back person, I keep the stock stuff and don't download a whole lot, but I do use my email, text, maps and net all the time.
  21. UnknownAlly

Yes I agree that T-mobile is indeed annoying when it comes to updates.

I would download a lot of stuff but the App2sd only lets you put a few to the SD.
  22. G4ymBoy

G4ymBoy New Member

I work for t-mobile and i have to agree that they are taking forever for this update but i can assure you that it is on the way. I also just had an HTC rep come through telling me the update will "be out by the end of the year" which is what he always told me since way back when i got my Slide (june).
  23. trav2001

Well at least I know that T-Mobile wasn't lying to me :)
  24. RazoE

RazoE Well-Known Member

So only up to 4 more weeks of waiting, right?
  25. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

Forget Froyo...

Nexus S here I come!

Sure it's a Sammy :( but its stock android and comes out of the box with 2.3.

Glad I didn't fall for the Mytouch 4G :D