The "I got my Nexus 10" ThreadGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Since a lot of people will be getting there's today, or hopefully soon, I wanted to start this thread so we won't have a lot of different threads with everyone jumping for joy that us guides would have to merge into one thread anyway. :D

Post your happiness, disappointments, impressions, pictures etc.

Advertisement
  2. R Deep Singh

R Deep Singh Well-Known Member

Got mine today!!!!!! Love it!!! Size is perfect, YouTube app is beautiful! Screen and keyboard is amazing. The soft vibration when you push something is lovely.

Only thing is, BBC iPlayer is unavailable for the nexus 10 ahhh
    Atma likes this.
  3. peaches1998

peaches1998 Member

When you first sign in to your Google account, does the N10 automatically download your apps already installed on a different Android tablet?

Thanks.

Shelly
  4. DruDog

DruDog Well-Known Member

You guys are sooooo jealous. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BobF and Atma like this.
  5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

If I remember right, my Nexus 7, that I don't have anymore, automatically downloaded apps I had on my phone. I'll let you know in a few hours. :)
    peaches1998 likes this.
  6. R Deep Singh

R Deep Singh Well-Known Member

Mine did!
    Atma and peaches1998 like this.
  7. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

As of 5 mins ago, MINE ARRIVED! It automatically downloads your apps, if you choose to let it
    Atma and peaches1998 like this.
  8. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain it does not. Apps are associated with your device and account. When you go into the Play Store, it shows you All apps, and Installed ones.

If you sign into the Google dashboard immediately after registering your device, you'll see the app catalog associated with that device is empty.

But someone chime in if I'm wrong.
  9. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

It gives you the option of syncing with your play account when you setup your device

This thing is a beauty. Love it so far!:D:D
  10. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

Had mine on the charger for about 30 minutes now. Apps downloaded and have the system update waiting. As soon as I have a full charge....time to root and a custom recovery. I have stock 4.2 on my GNex, now lets get some custom ROMs cooking.
  11. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Have mine now. Love it! Fast and pretty. :D

Used backlight bleed test to check the screen. Slight light bleed in the bottom corners but not enough to notice when actually using.

I haven't had time to really use it much but I'm very happy with it so far.
  12. chiph411

chiph411 Well-Known Member

Arrived at 12:30 today:) Ididn't get home til just a little bit ago and it was waiting on the interior steps. Got it unpacked and put immediately on charger, haven't even turned it on yet, patiently waiting for a full charge to unleash all its magic.:D Will be rooting as soon as Wug does his magic.

Chip
  13. BobF

BobF Active Member

Mine arrived at 6:36. Now on charger.
  14. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Congrats everyone. Post some pics! :)
  15. Iam918

Iam918 Well-Known Member

Mine (bought for Mom for her birthday) arrived to my Mom's at about 4:30pm. She hasn't put it down since she opened it, LoL. She def. likes it.
  16. lumpynose

lumpynose Member

It installed my N7 apps. I sold my N7 and can't delete it from the Play store.

17. lumpynose

lumpynose Member

I'm finding that I'm having trouble tapping or pressing and holding and the tablet recognizing it. I have to keep trying sometimes. I'm wondering if its the Gorilla glass and hoping it's something that will get better with future system updates.
  18. barqer

barqer Member

My address on the shipping didn't include my apt number for some reason. They corrected it but rescheduled delivery for Monday :(
  19. lumpynose

lumpynose Member

That's painful. So close yet so far.
  20. lumpynose

lumpynose Member

Taking a picture of the UPS van is too funny. That really made me laugh.
    DruDog likes this.
  21. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

I'm so jelly lol... Some medical expenses came up and I wont be able to get a tablet until next year now. So sad, but happy for you all! I hope you all enjoy your Nexus 10s and it's the best Android Tablet yet!!! Congratulations all!

~ ArmyX
    atg284 and Atma like this.
  22. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Really sorry to hear that Army. :( I hope you're doing well.

The way this industry goes, I'm sure there will be even better tablets out next year to look forward to.
  23. creektrails

creektrails Active Member

Got mine yesterday at 2:00. Love it. Was charged to 60%out of the box. only problem so far was Firefox keeps crashing. Maybe due to 4.2. Just started using chrome its great. Netflix is beautiful on that better than retina screen. This is my first tablet, I actually waited knowing the ten would be built. Can't wait to c how it integrates w my gnex.
  24. syk69

syk69 New Member

Got mine yesterday love everything about it except one thing. I'm coming from an IPad 2 and used it primarily in portrait mode. So I tried out the nexus in portrait and looks fine except when i scroll up or down it looks like the screen stretches or looks wobbly if you scroll really slow. Actually scrolling side to side you notice it as well like the image stays stuck and then when you scroll it stretches the image and then the image moves. So using it in landscape mode that weird scrolling effect doesn't seem to be as noticeable. On the Ipad i kinda notice is but not as much. Wonder if its because of jelly bean? Happens in any app.
  25. twane

twane Well-Known Member

I'm not having that problem in portrait or landscape it could be a defect with your n10 my scrolling is lightning fast