The "I was #$%*& too late" thread. They were out of EVOs

Last Updated:

1. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I got up extra early this morning (for me anyway) and headed towards work, where there is a Radio Shack, a second backup Radio Shack, and a Sprint store. I called the one Radio Shack at 6am. They told me not to bother since there was a long line, so I started heading for Sprint. There was a line out the door. So I swung by the first Radio Shack anyway, and there was no line, just one guy standing at the counter. I thought "cool." But he bought the last one. That lady I talked to on the phone messed me up!!

By the time I got to Radio Shack #2, they were gone too. I would have pre-ordered but I just got my contract stuff worked out yesterday.

Sad smiley face, big time. :mad:

Now I'm just going to cross my fingers that there is some Sprint store that has one later this afternoon or evening. But trying to get a representative to answer the phone around here is impossible, so you actually have to drive all over town to check, I guess.

Lame!!

Advertisement
  2. Sprockethead

Do you think Sprint will have stock all day?

3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

depend on your locale but if you have more than one corp store in your area you will be golden.... :D

4. 1Paladin

1Paladin Active Member

ROAD TRIP!!!!! i:Di

5. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Sprint and BB (especially Sprint) have plenty of EVO's to go around. Please consider the install base of Sprint customers is a lot smaller than Verizon's and the people that may be bailing from At&t and Tmo (Sprint coverage is better- why not?) will be a fraction of that. Also, no supply issues like Verizon's Inc, since no display shortage on 65K color lcd screens. HTC shorted Verizon out of the gate for launch and have not caught up since.

This thread will likely be populated by rubes like me and people that had to look an "entire" hour to find one ;)

6. Sprockethead

Yeah I'll swing by a couple stores at lunch and see whats up. I don't know, though. There was quite a line outside that Sprint this morning. And I must say, that line was not made up entirely of smoking hot babes.

7. bck9900

bck9900 Well-Known Member

Wow- rushmore they sold 1.2 million units for preorder. That seems like a helluva lot and then to have extra on top of that.
    But there are those people who preordered and then bought an an I/O unit off of ebay or CL so I guess theres a chance.

8. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

Hahaha.

Have you ever seen the apple lines? What a sight. Its a bunch of nerds so afraid that they wont even make eye contact with each other.
    You could probably walk right in front of them and they would be too afraid to even say anything to you. Now the Black Friday morning lines will get you killed. I wish a had a picture. Google has some good ones of nerds waiting in the pouring rain outside in the freezing cold waiting for an iphone that they could just walk in and buy 5 hours later....

9. avengence

avengence Well-Known Member

I thought that 1.2million was also people that signed up to get notified by email when the phone comes out?

10. shox

shox Member

Hope you guys get your Evo if anyone in Queens,NY can't obtain one, I won't be using my preorder and BB will hold it for 48hrs, hit me up.

11. sheltem

sheltem Member

None of the Radioshacks near me were open early; I got there around 7:30am. The Walmart on the way to work doesn't even sell Sprint phones. I should just probably order from Wirefly and save $83 bucks!

12. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

The Sprint Store in my office building, has 20 people standing outside (they open in 3 minutes). I was at Radio Shack, transferring my pre-order to a buddy, and they had 3-4 people queued up, plus a few walk-ins asking about availability.

13. beandogg

beandogg Active Member

wow, if that's true no wonder they're not going aggro with the advertising

14. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

yeah Sprint stores have a lot so i'd keep trying. i was in line at one just for a case (they eventually let me jump ahead) and they were handing out fliers and putting your name on a list. the fliers represented how many Evos they had. the lady was holding at least 65 of 'em.

15. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Back from Sprint with my Evo. Maybe 11 people in line when store open, more coming in while I was there. Guy expectedto be sold out by noon.

16. culaslucas

culaslucas Member

just got in 'line' (actually a list) at the sprint store in boulder co. 30 min before opening. Only 7 people on the list in front of me. Woot!!

marctronixx likes this.
  17. GiftedPlacebo

GiftedPlacebo Well-Known Member

Got to my Sprint store @6:30, was 4th in line. They opened the doors @7:30 and I was out with my EVO before 8 (first one from that store with the phone done and activated). There were probably 20ish people when they opened the doors @7:30. There was a guy a few people behind me that was getting 4 new lines - all EVO's. I suspect they'll sell out if people are buying like that.

18. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Just wandered downstairs to check out what's happening at the Sprint Store in my building. There's about 25 folks all inside, all in a queue, waiting to be processed. 5 folks working hard. They have some cases and other accessories available.

19. culaslucas

culaslucas Member

sprint rep said they have 38. Expect to be done by noon. There are 20 people in line now, several are getting multiple so I can only imagine this will be the case.

20. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

Should have lived closer to where I'm at. I was the first in line and arrived at 6:15am. About time the store opened up (7:45am), there were only 5 people in line and they had between 10-20 EVOs in stock. Wish you the best of luck!

21. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

I think people underestimate the sales today and over the weekend ;)

22. neutron

neutron Well-Known Member

I can't wait until November when I can replace my Moment.

23. dvandam

dvandam Well-Known Member

I had to order one online for my dad because he wasn't going to bother with waiting on line early. Still haven't got any confirmation in terms of if they had it in or not.

@clambert1273 my dad is in your same situation. He has a Rant and is waiting on the EVO. Well, he has a Rant, but it's not working anymore after he STUPIDLY left it in his pocket while he was out watering his big garden and the thing got wet. That's what prompted this wild EVO chase a few days ago.

clambert1273 likes this.
  24. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

tell him I feel his pain... mine currently will just stop working and laggggggg lol

25. m3latino

m3latino Active Member

Anyone looking for a preorder in Queens hit me up. I picked up an Evo at another closer RS as a walkin and I don't need it.