the incredible has the silent bug too?Support

Last Updated:

1. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so, wtf? coming from the eris, i'm used to the awful silent bug. outta nowhere, my external speaker isn't working. the bleeps from changing the volume, music, ringtones, nothing plays. however, i made a call, and the speaker works. even the speakerphone works. so its a software bug. wow.

did i really just upgrade from one buggy phone TO ANOTHER!?

Advertisement
  2. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

i notice some notifications seem to stop, mostly gtalk but if i log out and back into gtalk it works again

3. jayochs

mine was anything that made noise. any notifications, any music, the vol up/down bleep, checking ringtones.....nothing worked. but speakerphone worked, and the earpiece worked

4. bwthor

bwthor Well-Known Member

When it is silent, do you see a little TV icon up in the notification area? Mine was doing that, and I found that when I'd plug it in or even move the charger port with my fingernail it would activate TV out mode. When TV out is on, I had no audio until I put it to sleep and woke it back up.

5. illusionz

illusionz Well-Known Member

Did you try hard resetting you phone?

6. Robhimself

Robhimself Well-Known Member

I had the same issue and it turned out to be a game made by papaya that caused it. What I did was used advanced task killer and shut down programs one at a time until I couldh ear notifications again. Haven't had the issue since.

PS Going to HSBC arena today. Season is getting closer!

7. jayochs

NICE rob! wtf, it's almost august and they STILL didn't unveil the new 3rd jersey and the new road jersey!! i'm waiting here!!!!

i did a regular reset of the phone and it fixed it. meh.

8. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Did you consider downloading a volume app? There are a number of different volume settings that you can toggle, not all readily apparent unless you're using that particular feature (ie. bluetooth volume, speakerphone volume, in-call volume, media volume, notification volume, etc). Maybe something is setting some to zero? I mean, there might be a problem or a problem app, but this would help you troubleshoot without the need to reset or power-cycle the phone.

9. Robhimself

Well the team shop was flooded today so there might be a big sale! The entire arena had an inch of water in the floor lol! As far as the jersey I don't know. We may be stuck with the slug another year.

10. jayochs

nope, you didnt hear dude? the slug is DUNZO

it's the 40th anniversary, the 3rd with the updated original logo is now the home jersey, that same logo will be put on the away white jersey with updated striping like that, and we're sposed to get a special edition third

11. Robhimself

I heard the same but the arena is still covered with slug. Once I see anything I will post pics if I can. I'm having an on site guy take me to ricks press box Monday.

12. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

U gotta be shittin me.
    ur telling me VZW credited me for my Eris, and replaced with another phone with the same frickin problems.
    If I get the silent Issue on this phone, as much as I LOVE the Eris and the INC. I may say FU to HTC...
    is this on 2.1 or 2.2...

13. jayochs

i'm on 2.1-update 1 it says....it was weird, because the phone worked fine, but my sounds didnt work for ringer/text/music...but the speakerphone worked etc....hasnt happened again, thank god lol

14. Robhimself

If it comes back use task killer close programs until it comes back. Fixed me up right.