• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Invisible Tablet

Darevolution

Apr 26, 2010
NJ
Wow Information on this tablet is definitely hard to find. No threads here. Only one non Lenovo review on youtube. I'm in the market for a tablet and this seems like a viable contender but I'd like to get the opinions from my fellow Androiders. So far the Galaxy 10.1 seems like King of the Honeycomb but compared to other tablets seems to be less cost effective with no ports and only 16gb at the $499 price point where most other tablets offer 32gb. Is the Ideapad K1 the only HC tablet with native Netflix streaming? Any help or first hand reviews would be greatly appreciated.

I just up picked a K1 up for $350.00 from CompUsa and really like it! Lenovo makes great stuff so I'm surprised most of the reviews have been mostly "meh" about it. Has the same Tegra processer as the other tablets out there. First thing I did was download all the updates and haven't had any issues with it.

Speed is fine and some of the apps bundled with it are actually cool (although I did did delete about half of them). I don't use that launcher widget but it is a cool idea though. Nice tablet all around!

Reactions: timothyh
Upvote 0
Hello Everyone,
In regards to the Lenovo ideapad k1 tablet, I just purchased one Sunday at Office Max for $349.99. The 32gb one. I must say I really enjoy it. So far everything seems to work flawlessly.

Beautiful screen with vivid colors and hd quality clarity. Seems to be build with excellent care and workmanship. A respectable piece of equipment. Wi-Fi picks up my in house router pretty good. Surfing the internet while strolling throughout my home is no problem. This tablet boots and shuts down quickly and response is very fast while moving around the screen.

Played Need for Speed on it the other day and I was quite impressed. Plays and looks as good on this tablet as it does on my gaming desktop computer.

Netflix also looks very good. Along with YouTube videos. So far I am very pleased with my new tablet. And as you can see, I have put it through some tough testing. Battery life is excellent. After a full charge and heavy testing, it lasted about 8.5 hours, which I consider very good. Audio could be a bit louder. But I could hook up some better speakers too. All in all. For the price you just can't beat it. I like how Lenovo spruced up the Android 3.1 honeycomb operating system.

I have compared this (specs wise) with some of the other heavy hitters out there and did quite a few reviews over the internet. I feel this tablet will make me proud to have purchased it Besides I love Android!:)

Go play with one at your nearest computer store that has them. That's what I did. Judge for yourself. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I was wondering if you guys could help me im having major issues with my k1 tablet wen i got it it had android 3.1installed on it and everything worked fine but once i installed the 3.2.1 my tablet wont play any flash videos for more than 1 minute without the video pausing by itself and becoming unplayable unless i refresh the internet page and even after the refresh it still freezes at the one minute mark.i also noticed a lot of force close in the browser with flash heavy content which all of these worked fine on android 3.1 ive tried a factory reset and it still does the samething is there anything u guys know wat to do to fix this or is there any way to fix this ot get it reported to be fixed?? Or is there anyway i can go back to android 3.1 and if so how and where would i get the original software?? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones