the iphone 4g- pics - gizmodo

Last Updated:

1. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Bnice

Bnice Guest

guess they got tired of the crack issues with the last model..look like my old samsung instinct...

3. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Crack issues? Whats that?

On a side note, this new iphone looks more serious than the last one. It looks better. But for some reason, it looks like a tiny think black box lol.

4. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Ha Ha someone posted a look-a-like picture of an ice cream sandwich.

5. Lodingi

Lodingi Well-Known Member

The phone looks great. I don't buy the "someone at Apple lost a prototype". Seems like a controlled leak, with Gizmodo being a willing participant.

6. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

looks like everything else on the market.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

7. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

It looks like an iPhone and a Zune80 had a love child.

8. IOWA

With the front cam, no dout they did it to play catch up with evo4g. I bet apple will pljay the evil route and call it iphone 4g just to confuse people. But what good is a front cam without a good 3g/4g network to make use of it?

9. IOWA

With the front cam, no dout they did it to play catch up with evo4g. I bet apple will pljay the evil route and call it iphone 4g just to confuse people. But what good is a front cam without a good 3g/4g network to make use of it?

10. QrafTee

Haha... I didn't think about that, but Apple definitely play the "naming game." They would get so much heat for that, but--in turn--get free press coverage and still get away with, "We meant fourth-generation when we labeled it '4G.'"

11. Bnice

Bnice Guest

glad someone can see.

12. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

Errr.. Noooot?

It looks better than anything on the market right now. For those that love symplicity. I like it a lot. the looks, anyway.

13. Fonseca

Fonseca Well-Known Member

I think it has a Zune HD look to it.

14. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Ya, was thinking the same thing. After reading the initial story the other day, "controlled leak" was the first thing I thought. Far too convenient that it was left at a bar and the person who picked it up had the wherewithal to realize it was something new and give it to Gizmodo. An average joe wouldn't put that much effort in or even know the difference.

As far as looks, kindof reminds me of all the PDAs that were out before smartphones got big. Definitely has an Apple look to it though. The square edges on the back will make it far less comfortable to hold than the existing iPhone or other phones available now. Much more slab-like.

Personally, I don't give a s*#t about what Apple puts out other than from a pure curiosity standpoint. The hardware can be bleedingest edge, but the OS and Apple's closed policies will always keep me away.

15. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Beer and cheap tarts you get in bars, not prototype iPhones. Apple woulnt let them out of the building!

16. AVP

AVP Active Member

I actually like the look. The boxy look is what I like, hence the reason I have a Droid. I found it interesting that they decided to keep the same screen size and not add more viewing area like other companies, they did up the resolution though. Like, saltorio said above, the closed OS will always keep me away from getting one.

The better the iPhone, the better the competition will be for Android, which means better phones for us.

17. IOWA

Lol really? I mean really? What about this and the droid don't look the same.

18. QrafTee

He's admiring the Apple logo.

19. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Sprint should copyright/trademark 4g when used in conjunction with a phone name and HTC should copyright/trademark HD. I mean, if Steve can copyright "pad" then why not. They should just call it the iPad Mini.

20. QrafTee

Can I trademark "The?" That would be epic win for me and epic fail for... life.

21. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does this phone look similar to the Samsung instinct? (Not exact of course)

22. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

Whaaa..? If you meant to say that it looks like the droid.. Again.. What?
    It's not original, no, but not one newer phone is (except incredible). But still it looks amating. I love boxy look and simplicity.

Never did, never will. It's a bitten apple. Why would i admire it?

I actually like HTC Incredible more. That back looks amazing. Wuth that red rimmed camera. It looks amazing. To bad it will not be released in Europe. :mad:

BTW, does anybody know if maybe Desire uses the exact same screen technology as incredible? apparently, incredible has some new shit, superior. Or is it exactly like nexus? I have read in a couple of review that the screen on the desire feels more resposive and solid than that in the N1. Anyone?

23. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

No it's just you. :D

24. QrafTee

Unfortunately the Google Nexus One and HTC Desire uses the faulty Clearpad2000 sensor while the HTC Droid Incredible and HTC EVO 4G uses the newer maXTouch sensor. Hopefully the new CDMA Google Nexus One units will use the newer maXTouch sensor--it would explain the lack of information on it and the ominous delay of the unit.

25. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

Did anybody spot this on the video? :D

Attached Files: