• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The King of Beers watered down?????

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    i saw this on cnn toay:
    Makers of Budweiser sued over watery beer

i new there was something funny with my budweiser lately. it seems that they are watering down the beer. i believe that some think that they distill the beer to 7% alcohol and then add water to get down to 5%. but i think the lawsuit is suggesting that they are even going below that percentage as well......lame!!!!!

luckily i don't not drink it all that often as i tend to drink newcastle majority of the time.

FYI each of the 50 states has its own set of laws regarding what can be called beer, and how much alcohol is allowed in it. In many states, a beer with an alcohol content above the state's arbitrary limit can't be sold as beer. In some states it can't be sold at all. In others it can only be sold if it's imported. In still others it must be called "ale" and be taxed and sold differently from beer.

Is anyone here from Tennessee? That's one state with some crazy beer laws!

The ideal thing to do is to brew each batch of beer to the desired alcohol content, so it has the maximum flavor for what it has to be. But it's cheaper to just brew one type of beer, then water it down to meet legal requirements.

Don't like that? Then support your local craft brewer!

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    FYI, it was actually tested by an independent company, came right in at 4.99% when advertised as 5
    That's cutting it pretty darn close! :eek:

IMHO it's perfectly reasonable for a brewer to allow a small margin of error so that a batch doesn't fail the state testing. I also think that peoples' beef should be with the states that have these laws that violate the separation of church and state, and not with the brewers who must comply or go out of business. IJS

Upvote 0
    That's cutting it pretty darn close! :eek:

IMHO it's perfectly reasonable for a brewer to allow a small margin of error so that a batch doesn't fail the state testing. I also think that peoples' beef should be with the states that have these laws that violate the separation of church and state, and not with the brewers who must comply or go out of business. IJS

I wasnt saying that those results failed and the beer was watered down.

They passed the test.

Upvote 0
    Regardless of politics, Budweiser,(and especially Bud Light) is corporate crap beer.:D

The original (disputed .. in lots of courts in lots of countries), Czech Bud ain't too bad.

Of course, the best beers are unquestionably Belgian and made by monks. The next best Belgian but not made by monks.

Has to be said that some Belgian non-monks also make cheap **** - Stella being the prime example.

Upvote 0
    The original (disputed .. in lots of courts in lots of countries), Czech Bud ain't too bad.

Of course, the best beers are unquestionably Belgian and made by monks. The next best Belgian but not made by monks.

Has to be said that some Belgian non-monks also make cheap **** - Stella being the prime example.

big known beers such as Heineken, Stella, Guiness etc. are not the best beers out there, just because they are designed for big market. Still its not as bad as Bud.
    I'd go for most Sam Adams flavors any day. I've visited their brewery and most brewing processes are not automated. They also do more than 50 experimental flavors every year. Some flavors can not even be found outside of Massachusetts.

Bottom line is, if you are a fan of Bud, you don't know much about beer.

Reactions: ocnbrze and dan330
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones