The Last Airbender

Last Updated:

1. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else excited to see The Last Airbender? I was a huge fan of the TV series and am eagerly waiting for the film release. :)

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I have a very strong hatred towards M Night Shyamalan since he puts out these terrible movies with great casts.

3. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

I agree with hitman that I absolutely hate most of the movies M. Night puts out but those have always been his movies, this isnt his movie, this is a commercial production not some pet project of his and it looks bad @$$. I've never watched the tv series but you can bet that I will be seeing this.

4. NYCHitman1

2 words for me.. netflix rental (lol)

5. Vihzel

I am also very skeptical about M. Night Shyamalan directing this movie. This is definitely not the genre that he's used to and I've already noticed several changes that he has done from the TV show to movie. I just hope that I am not disappointed when I go see it like I was when I went to see Alice in Wonderland (very disappointed in Tim Burton).

I'm glad that he is doing 3 movies, like the 3 books though. I can't wait til I see Toph in the 2nd movie. She's so badass.

6. gordon green

gordon green Well-Known Member

it has been on the quiet at the moment but no real negative press. i like that Dev Patel (guy from Slumdog Millionaire) is in it and i read he's black belt in taekwondo so he knows some moves

7. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

My kids got me onto the Nick series, and I absolutely fell in love with it. I don't care that shymalymadingdong is directing it, because the story is sooo good that I don't believe he can kill it. lol. Anyway, I think my wife and I are more excited to see it than our kids, and while I agree Toph is as badass as they come, I cant wait to see Uncle Iroh... (if that is how its spelled!)

8. Vihzel

Probably my biggest wish from the movie series is that they do something for the blood bending episode. That is my absolute favorite episode and it would be great if it is incorporated in the later movies.

9. 330D

I am excited for when Aang becomes the Avatar at the water people's village and does his thing to the fire nation ships in the harbor. The effects in that scene will determine for me how M. Night has handled this series.

The Blood bending episode creeped me out in cartoon form. I can only imagine how it will be in live action....

10. Vihzel

If I have to go back to any episode to watch again and again, it would be that one. I really like the concept of being able to control the water in people and things. Very creative of the writers to do something like that. I hope that in the movie, it is more prevalent and not so "Disneyfide" as the writers had to do for Nick. Anything dark and evil in movies, especially coming from good people, I enjoy. :D

11. chriszyghurl

chriszyghurl Member

i am... hehe so excited to see it (3D, i'm fond of the effects..) hheh...

12. alaine01

alaine01 New Member

Of Course!!!!! I do!!!!!!!!!!!! dying to see it!

13. kimerajamm

kimerajamm New Member

I love this anime for many reasons, but I especially love it because of all the comedy and funny characters. This movie looks cool and all, with the special effects, but it doesn't look that funny And I don't really like Zuko's actor Just saying.

14. ballisticn8

bump, anyone see it yet? prob gonna catch it next week myself...

15. Vihzel

I'm not seeing it anymore. M. Night Sh*tmalan has ruined it. It's being hailed as the worst movie of the year by several critics on Rotten Tomatoes. It only has a 9% rating so far (9 approved, 89 disapproved) The majority of the reviews say that it's an utter failure of a movie.

16. NYCHitman1

Told ya so!

17. ballisticn8

wow, that really sucks... i had several friends post up they really enjoyed it, waiting to hear from anyone i know that i trust thier judgement a little better though... :(

18. NYCHitman1

Any flick Shyamalan touches.. turns to shit (with exception to The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable)

19. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

Like many , the best parts already in the trailers

20. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I call BS! Clash of the Titans was worse and Jonah Hex takes the cake for the worst movie this year.

21. Vihzel

The Last Airbender will perhaps be The Last M. Night Sh!tmalan's Movie :p

I saw it with my good friend who also was a huge fan of the animated series for a bit of comedy. I can't even explain how much he screwed it up. I'll just end it there because I can vent for ages.

22. 330D

This makes me sad, because the animated series was soooo good. I thought there wasn't any way he could screw it up....

23. Vihzel

He is that good of a director. lol

I can't stress enough how angry I am at Shyamalan and how much I hope that another director gives it justice because this was just a murder of such a great license.

24. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Have to agree*, unfortunately. He's been going steadily downhill since his debut. I had high hopes for this one, since it's the first he hadn't written and he *is* a talented director. I should have known he'd jumped the shark when he cast frickin' Marky-Mark in the last one.

*Although I wouldn't say Signs was shit, but it wasn't very interesting, and The Village was an extremely over-long Twilight Zone episode. After that, yeah, shit.

25. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

yeah clash was weak, and even Fox as a hooker didn't make it worth watching
    the only parts worth mentioning were the dead men talking, other than that action,acting, dialog all sub-par