• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Limbo Thread

More nonsense from Google Play Support. This is in response to my e-mail questioning their e-mail stating they were working to fulfill my order within the 3 week time period.

"If you didn't receive an email stating that your order was backordered then you should be receiving a shipping confirmation soon.Only some N4 orders are backordered. Nexus 4 orders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received."

We know that last part isn't true but I've been told that twice now. I think they don't realize they aren't dealing with Joe Consumer who will take these stock BS lines as gospel and figure, "Oh well, if they said it it must be true". It's sad that through our little forum here, we have a better idea about what's going on than they do. And we don't know shit so what does that say about them?! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I just called support and what I was told is that every time I logged in to check my order, the order started over. The rep told me he was going to escalate it to shipping so that they would manually deal with the shipping.

So yeah I think I'm back ordered and they just don't want to admit it.

Upvote 0
Ha, when I was talking to Sparkle this morning I asked her how some people were receiving there devices even tho they had ordered after I did. She responded, "Well, you have to understand people are in other time zones, so your 11:30 might be someones 8:30". I didn't respond back...

I just called support and what I was told is that every time I logged in to check my order, the order started over.

Man I'm dying here :D I mean you could make a Saturday Night Live skit out some the things they are saying.

Upvote 0
I just called support and what I was told is that every time I logged in to check my order, the order started over. The rep told me he was going to escalate it to shipping so that they would manually deal with the shipping.

So yeah I think I'm back ordered and they just don't want to admit it.

Lucky you. If I don't get an email notification about shipping tonight then I am gonna call them... Again.

So how exactly did you get them to ship it manually? I would love to see if I could get them to do that for mine.

Upvote 0
Mine will be here Wednesday. I ordered it this last Sunday night. You ask how, they're sold out? I'll tell you how. READY?!?!?!?

My current phone is DED Dead. I am in dire need of a new one. I tried for over 5 hours on launch day to order unsuccessfully (kept getting the darn "oops" message)

So Sunday night I bought am 8GB model off of Ebay for.........$519!!! :eek:

It is over $170 more than I would have paid with tax and shipping from GOOFFLE (yes I know how I spelled Google and Ded, I'm ticked)

But I am in need of a phone so the sharks got me :(

Dear Google imagine that I am holding up my fist. Now, pick a finger. I think you know which one.

I am not a fan of Crapple but at least they can handle a launch a little better.

Upvote 0
Lucky you. If I don't get an email notification about shipping tonight then I am gonna call them... Again.

So how exactly did you get them to ship it manually? I would love to see if I could get them to do that for mine.

I called and talked to the rep that my order date keeps pushing back and then he proceeded to tell me everything I mentioned in my previous post. We'll see how this goes.

Upvote 0
I just talked to a Google CS member and he said they're sending my phone over night. I asked if he could email me the info in case some STRANGE reason he was just lying to me.

" Thanks for contacting Google.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20."

Upvote 0
I just talked to a Google CS member and he said they're sending my phone over night. I asked if he could email me the info in case some STRANGE reason he was just lying to me.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20."

What a conundrum. Can someone decipher?

Upvote 0

Just Got the same exact email... Still have no shipping email as of now.

This is after I called around 5est and asked again about my order ... the guy told me it was still processing and wasn't sure if it was back ordered... So either I'm back ordered or I'm getting tomorrow ha what a cluster ****

Upvote 0

Just out of curiosity, has the "Shipping Estimate" date changed in the My Orders section of your account or is it still showing 11/15?

I'd call Support to ask about this but I now know that would re-set my order and the whole process would have to start over ;)

Upvote 0
I talked to a person today that claims he escalated my order to the shipping department to get something done ASAP. I don't know that I believe him but it is better than the standard response of "yours should ship tomorrow".

I don't want to burst your bubble and I'm sure he was being sincere but I've been told that twice now and that the shipping person would be in contact with me and that I can e-mail them back directly. And yet....nothing.

Upvote 0
Called again today. I was told on Friday that I'd get my tracking number today for delivery either Wednesday or Friday. Nothing. Told the rep that and they said they'd escalate the case and I'd get an email explaining my order status in 24 to 48 hours ... not that I'd get a tracking number or a promise of shipment, only an explanation. So far I've been promised contact at least three times and I have received nothing.

I now sadly must add Google to my list of customer service debacles which is reason never to buy anything from them.

Google
Westinghouse
Asus
Toshiba

Upvote 0
I just got a pretty bold guarantee from a David from customer service that I'll receive my phone tomorrow or [he'll] handle it.

I got
Thank you for contacting Google Play! If you ordered on 11/13 and you did not receive a backorder notification email, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one by end of day today. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

Regards,

Andre
The Google Play Support Team

DUCK! There must be flying pigs around here. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones