• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

the list of 3d games playable on Optimus Elite

arthurbliss

Lurker
Oct 19, 2012
got optimus elite about a month ago and I was surprised by how this $70, entry level phone can play some of latest, good looking 3d games so well. so here's list of about a few really popular, well known 3d games that this phone can handle, so some of willing buyers of the games and/or the phone may get some info from here before their decision.

oh mine is rooted and have Giantpune's kernel that overclocks the phone from 1ghz to 1.6ghz. I doubt there are games that are not playable on stock while playable on overclocked, but please expect lower frame rates if you decide not to overclock.

Asphalt 7: this newest version of the most popular racing game is definitely playable on OE. background textures look very bland, but the cars, roads, and effects look vey pretty and you can really enjoy the game with minimal lag.

Dead Trigger: probably the most pretty looking games that OE can handle. virtually no stutter or lag. and this FPS looks very great with its stunning visuals and scary looking zombies.

Heroes call: good looking 3d dungeon crawler RPG. playable without lag. good looking graphics.

Madden NFL 12: prolly the graphic is set on the lowest set, but playable. no lag no stuttering etc. dont expect pretty visuals though.

Frontline Commando: really good looking shooter. no lag. playable.

NOT PLAYABLE
Grand Theft Auto III-though google play store did not say OE is not compatible and let me bought it, but the phone did not let me install. I don't know....i read some of Kyocera Rise (same msm 8655 and adreno 205 chip as OE) users had success installing it, but not so sure about our OE. at least for now, not playable. YMMV.

Reactions: jamoosh and Murf1
Eternal Legacy: console qaulity final fantasy like game no lag at all. Not on google play can buy at gameloft's website or do what I did and torrent it.

Battle Bears Royale:By far the best android game ever created but you need wifi to play it. Lags a bit sometimes but totally playable and free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...m_medium=organic&utm_term=battle+bears+royale

Dead Space: Amazing graphics, never played on optimus elite but played on my old optimus v, it ran but was laggy at times especially when fighting hoards of aliens. I torrented it too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...edium=organic&utm_term=dead+space+google+play

Reactions: DsyMnapTic
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones