• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The little popup box that appears when you click on . or :-)...

...when writing a text.

Yesterday this started not working...when you press these and hold, the screen goes "grey" as it should as if the menu were to be there (and if you move your finger you are able to select different characters and smiley faces as if it were there!) but it doesn't actually show.

Turning the phone off and then back on solved it, but it keeps happening. This only started yesterday, and I had not changed anything on my phone.

Has anyone experienced this as well? Any solutions?

Hmm that seems odd this is happening to you. Also it's pretty funny that the guy above didn't realize that this is the Nexus S forum and it's a stock google phone.

I wouldn't resort to a factory reset yet. Have you searched around the Google mobile forum? If you're experiencing that problem I bet that someone else is too. I have never experienced it and I have had mine for almost 5 months.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones