The little things...(2.2 Update addons/changes)General

Last Updated: 2010-09-29 19:04:50
  1. nickreich

nickreich Well-Known Member

I hope this thread is different from others out there. Let's all try to point out only the things that are different/updated/changed with the 2.2 update. To stay on topic lets not talk about acquisition of 2.2.

The first thing I noticed was subtle differences in the call-in-progress window. Also the messages app is refined a bit. Adding an attachment seems different

Advertisement
  2. nickreich

nickreich Well-Known Member

setting volume from settings > volume has changed
  3. otterbob

otterbob Well-Known Member

Typing lag. Uggh
  4. xorez

xorez Member

For those talking about a typing lag does that include swype?
  5. BlueSnake01

BlueSnake01 Well-Known Member

If you are saying typing lag like posting in the forums well then that didn't change since I get that and I'm still in 2.1
  6. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

I like the "App Sharing" app. It lets you send any app out to someone else using pretty much anything on the phone: Facebook, Peep, Bluetooth, email, text, etc. Very nice if you're telling someone about something you have, and just want to sent it to them real quick. Downside is there does not appear to be a way to select more than 1 app.
  7. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

new widgets, new look for Messages, new settings menu..
  8. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member

does the new messages app lag when opening large conversations like the old one did?
  9. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Nope, quick and easy. :D
    Axe_1, sail4fun201 and XDaydreamerX11 like this.
  10. FilBrian

FilBrian Member

I was wanting to see if anyone that has received the OTA Android 2.2 on their Droid Incredible has noticed the differences with HTC Sense? I heard that there are new widgets for mail and text messages. If you could please post any information and/or pictures.
  11. zemerick

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/161336-little-things-2-2-update-addons-changes.html

I know that thread doesn't have all the answers at this point: but there is no reason creating another thread spreading the information thinner.

Please take a moment to see if anyone else has created a relevant thread before hand.
  12. jasperwill

jasperwill Well-Known Member

does the updated gmail app handle links and attachments better?
  13. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

14. zemerick

Correct.
  15. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

Don't know which thread to post:

Have any of used Chrome to phone yet? I'm gradually making the switch to Chrome browser from the Firefox 4 Beta
  16. zemerick

Well, this thread is about changes from 2.2, so not this one:)

I don't recall any threads like that, so you might wanna do a search for chrome: but I think you'll need to create a new thread.

...and no, I haven't used Chrome on my Inc yet. I do use it for my PC web browser though and like it. Just like all browsers though, it does have it's little quirks and hiccups.
  17. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

I couldnt get used to Chrome, i think they dont have a way to save passwords or something? I cant remember, but there was a reason why i stopped using it
  18. untitled1

untitled1 Well-Known Member

Chrome to Phone is awesome. Once you have it installed on desktop and phone, you get a little icon in your browser on your PC. If you're looking at a page you want to send to your phone, you click the icon and you hear a "ding" on your phone. Pick up the phone, and the site should be loading there automagically.

Came in handy when I saw somewhere that the new Fennec alpha was available while I was browsing on my laptop. Sent the link to my phone and it worked flawlessly.
  19. emmur0

emmur0 Well-Known Member

I am having trouble finding Flash 10.1 in the marketplace. Anyone else having luck?
  20. untitled1

It doesn't seem to show up in the marketplace, but that doesn't matter because it's already in Froyo.
  21. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member

There's no typing lag. I find the keyboard to be much better.
  22. aevanee

aevanee Active Member

I have been searching for weeks trying to find out if 2.2 will include an upgraded AVRCP version. I want bluetooth mp3 data transferred dammit!
  23. taris300

taris300 Well-Known Member

its not in the market place...its installed with the update to froyo. go to settins>apps>manage apps>all> and you should see it installed there
  24. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member

Its integrated with Froyo.
  25. untitled1

Same here.