1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

The little things...(2.2 Update addons/changes)General

1. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member

You can save passwords on Chrome, I don't remember that ever being left out, I've been using Chrome since Chrome < 1.0. You might wanna give it another try, its been improved a lot. Version 6 is very very good.
  2. Vinsanity93

Vinsanity93 Well-Known Member

The flashlight app is nice, new wallpapers, led light option for videos...I'm still exploring lol

O btw does anybody know if the ##778 method of getting free 3G Mobile Hotspot actually work?
  3. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

what is different about the keyboard? Post before and after? The one thing I hate about it is the space bar...it needs to be larger. O and is it multi-touch?
    billdbitt@msn.com likes this.
  4. untitled1

untitled1 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I've only had my Incredible for 2 weeks and didn't get real familiar with the old keyboard, so I couldn't say what's different. It just seems easier somehow.
  5. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Only change I've noticed is less lag. It is multi-touch, but only up to 2 ( that's an issue with the screen/phone. ) and the physical layout is unchanged.
  6. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

I saw a screen grab somewhere about this. They got rid of the button to hide the keyboard on the left, so the spacebar is bigger. I don't remember if they also got rid of a button on the right corner - I can't seem to find the picture I saw.

Here's a link with some other screen grabs and a description of the new features: Droid Incredible Froyo update: Benchmark, full details, screenshots (Update: Plus, a possible OTA date) | Android Central
    icarius likes this.
  7. untitled1

I still seem to have the button to hide the keyboard.
  8. CheezWiz

CheezWiz Well-Known Member

Animated radars at weather underground work now!
  9. sail4fun201

maybe 'i was wrong :/

I was pretty sure I remembered a picture.
  10. cooksalot

cooksalot Well-Known Member

It's a pretty cool app. makes it a little easier when you find something online to just push it to your phone for later if you want.
  11. Sisaacs

Sisaacs Well-Known Member

do we have voice dial through bluetooth?
  12. emmur0

emmur0 Well-Known Member

are there any 2.2 specific apps in the market place that we can check out now that weren't compatible before?
  13. untitled1

Chrome to Phone
    Apps 2 SD
  14. friend088

friend088 Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed an overall increase in UI and browser speed?
  15. untitled1

They always seemed pretty snappy to me anyway, so I'm not seeing much difference there. Super fast before and super fast still.
  16. sail4fun201

The only times i notice lag on my incredible are as apps install, when I'm deleting messages with Delete Old Messages, and occasionally when I try to call someone who's contact picture hasn't been loaded recently. Can you comment on lag in any of those situaitons?
  17. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

Trying to delete old sms threaded messages on my Inc with 2.1 is like pulling teeth. The threads are usually fairly long, cause Handcent and the stock messaging system to freeze then crash. IT also slows down my phone A LOT :(
    izzy35 likes this.
  18. 02 Incredible

02 Incredible Member

i'm also curious about this and have yet to hear a confirmation from a 2.2 OTA'd user.
  19. orcsbane13

orcsbane13 Well-Known Member

Live wallpapers work more smoothly. The sense one used to lag my phone on 2.1 and the leaked 2.2s. Now it is super smooth. Also the nexus one lwp was added.
  20. TeddyHeisman

TeddyHeisman Well-Known Member

I was unaware that new wallpapers came with this.

Interesting.
  21. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

should bc the leaked ones had this as well
    WPerry66 likes this.
  22. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

I have noticed it takes longer to charge the phone. The speed of downloading apps is much faster. I also enjoy the 270 degree viewing.
  23. untitled1

I used to have a problem with the HTC music player widget not finding my music on my SD card. Had to go into the app, hit play, and then go back out to the widget for it to work. Now the widget finds my music on its own just fine.

The randomization still isn't very good, though. I have to skip a lot to get new songs to cycle in.
    jj3699 likes this.
  24. TeddyHeisman

TeddyHeisman Well-Known Member

This is probably wishful thinking, but I hope this "low space" glitch (or whatever it is) is addressed.

Today it has popped up on my phone like 8 times.

So annoying.
  25. kmoneylongshanks

kmoneylongshanks Active Member

im messing around with froyo now and just tried out justin.tv and the streams are working better than they did when i had windows xp on my laptop. they didn't load at all before.